2016-17 Winter Transfer Window

Discussion on K League Classic (K1), K League Challenge (K2), FA Cup and other major competitions.
RoqueJunior
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller

Re: 2016-17 Winter Transfer Window

Postby RoqueJunior » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:27 pm

Ansan Greeners have confirmed a signing of Chang Hyuk-jin from Gangwon FC. Regular starter in 2016

Kim Yong-Tae comes out of retirement (announced just few days ago) and signs with Indonesian club Pusamania Borneo FC.

Gangwon FC have confirmed the signing of Cypriot international defender Valentinos Sielis from AEL Limassol.

Connor Chapman joins Incheon United.

Busan IPark have confirmed the signing of Brazilian defender Danny Morais from Santa Cruz.

Anyang signed defender Kim Hyung-jin from Daejeon Citizen. 13 starts last season

Jeju United have announced that their defender Kim Bong-rae joined Seoul E-Land on loan. Was on loan at the same club in the second part of 2016.

Former Daejeon Citizen winger Gustavo joins UAE side Al Shaab. Too bad that they couldn't sign him. Good player.

Evergreen
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Evergreen » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:32 pm

RoqueJunior wrote:Finally a good signing for E-Land? Seoul E-Land have confirmed a signing of midfielder Kim Byung-suk from Daejeon Citizen. The skipper of Daejeon last season.

He's been with Citizen for about 5-6 years I think. We signed him from some team in Portugal if memory serves me correctly. Anyway, he's a decent signing for E-Land providing that they play him high up the pitch. He came to us as a winger/striker and scored a fair few goals but played as a defensive midfielder last season. The results are as you would expect: he was mostly shite.

RoqueJunior wrote:Daejeon Citizen have signed Kim Seong-su (2 starts) from Goyang.

Another absurd signing. This chap was released by us 2 years ago, started 2 games for the shittest team in the league, and now we sign him back. God help us.

RoqueJunior
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller

Postby RoqueJunior » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:54 am

I hope Hwang IB will stay to have some chances for promotion. It will be difficult anyway. Cristian is a good striker, but I feel KDC is better.

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:01 pm

Gangwon FC vs. Seonam University live video now on Facebook.

jamesedrupt
National League champion
National League champion

Postby jamesedrupt » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:51 pm

Gyeongnam signing some very good players. Chatted to the head guy of the supporters group. Told me both the Brazilians look really good.

Alex43
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Alex43 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:12 pm

kwon sun tae is talking with a Japanese said someone said... this might finally be the year that Choi is exposed!
well well well

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:48 am

Apparently Daejeon have signed Kim Tae-eun from E-Land. Hope so. He was our weak link in defence. Although in fairness this season everyone might be a weak link. I have no idea of whether any of the players we have signed are any good at all. Nor what our first eleven would look like.

Could be a long season.
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Groundhopping: the48club.wordpress.com

SEFC: seoulelandfc.wordpress.com

48 Club Count = 47. ONE TO GO!

RoqueJunior
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller

Postby RoqueJunior » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:00 pm

That's quite a destination. Gyeongnam FC defender Lee Won-jae has signed Manama club in Bahrain. 11 starts and one goal last year.

Daejeon Citizen have confirmed a signing of defender Kim Tae-eun from Seoul E-Land. 20 starts last campaign.

Seoul E-Land have confirmed a signing of forward Cho Yong-tae from Gwangju FC. 10 games and no goals.

Suwon FC have terminated the contract of Belgian striker Marvin Ogunjimi.

Suwon Samsung have signed goalkeeper Kang Bong-kyun from Korea National League club Yongin City FC.

Pohang Steelers have confirmed the signing of ex-Sweden international defender Marcus Nilsson from Stabæk.

Seoul E-Land have confirmed the signing of striker Shim Young-sung from Gangwon FC. 30 games, but only 3 starts and 4 goals. Not the worst transfer after all, isnt it?

Takahagi returns in Japan at FC Tokyo.

And some rumours.

Kwon Sun-Tae changed his mind and may go to Japan to the World Cup runner-up Kashima Antlers.

Hwang In-Beom was in talks with Portugal giant Benfica, but just that.

Evergreen
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Evergreen » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:39 pm

RoqueJunior wrote:Hwang In-Beom was in talks with Portugal giant Benfica, but just that.

Yes. I've heard that some of the elite European teams are interested. I wouldn't be surprised; he is a top, top player. He'll be a Korean national team regular very soon. I would be completely shocked if he was still at Daejeon by the start of the season.

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:29 pm

If Hwang went to Benfica now he would rot in the reserves for a couple of seasons surely. If he is going to move better go to a side where you will get game time.
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

jamesedrupt
National League champion
National League champion

Postby jamesedrupt » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:30 pm

Hwang In Beom was the player that impressed me the most last season. Unbelievably comfitable on the ball and has an eye for a pass. Destined for much higher things. With all respect to Daejeon.

RoqueJunior
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller

Postby RoqueJunior » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:08 pm

SteveW wrote:If Hwang went to Benfica now he would rot in the reserves for a couple of seasons surely. If he is going to move better go to a side where you will get game time.

Well a season for Benfica B in the second division of Portugal I don't think is bad at all. If you thrive there you are up to the first team.

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:29 pm

Eland seem to have signed an awful lot of strikers who don't score goals. My biggest annoyance in football.

Especially with joo and tarabai gone. Massive hole in the team where goals should be

Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion
K-League Classic champion

Postby Holyjoe » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:05 am

MipoFanatic wrote:
Holyjoe wrote:Incheon appear to be on the verge of signing Australian defender Connor Chapman from Melbourne City. Might be worth his while giving Jade North a call before committing to anything...

Quick, Connor - change your middle name to "Ilbon." :lol:

He's in for a bit of a shock on his first journey to Sungeui stadium...

""I'm happy to join a big club in the K League - Incheon United," Chapman said in a statement.

"I know that Incheon is one of the most beautiful cities in Korea. I'll do my best to show good performances here.""

eujin
K-League K-Pop stalker
K-League K-Pop stalker

Postby eujin » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:40 am

"I know that Incheon is one of the most beautiful cities in Korea."

Oh dear.

Return to “K League”