2016 K-League Classic - Round 2

Discussion on K League Classic (K1), K League Challenge (K2), FA Cup and other major competitions.
kingkenny7
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

2016 K-League Classic - Round 2

Postby kingkenny7 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:07 pm

Round 2

Saturday March 19

Suwon FC v Seongnam FC
KO KST 15:00

Gwangju FC v Jeju United
KO KST 16:00

Sunday March 20

Incheon United v Pohang Steelers
KO KST 14:00

Ulsan Hyundai v Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors

FC Seoul v Sangju Sangmu

Suwon Samsung v Jeonnam Dragons
KO KST 16:00
a Seongnam FC Fan living in Down Under.

kingkenny7
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Re: 2016 K-League Classic - Round 2

Postby kingkenny7 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:18 pm

For Suwon FC v Seongnam FC,

There's a betting between the mayor of Seongnam city and the one of Suwon city that the loser will fly the winner's flag at their home ground.

Suwonesque
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Postby Suwonesque » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:53 pm

Suwon Fc will win easily.
Blue is the color!

Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion

Postby Holyjoe » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:29 am

kingkenny7 wrote:There's a betting between the mayor of Seongnam city and the one of Suwon city that the loser will fly the winner's flag at their home ground.

I hope we're talking Graeme Souness style flag flying here...

OttoSilver
National League champion
National League champion

Postby OttoSilver » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:58 pm

A entertaining match saw Suwon finding space all over the place and using it to be super aggressive. They didn't have that many shots, but it wasn't for a lack of trying. They did well for a newly promoted team agains a team that is considered one of the best in the league. In fact, I might even say they looked the better team.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Suwon went all out.
They had flag dudes. WHOOOOO!
They had cheer girls! whooo! (Ooe was even really cute, but unfortunately like a schoolgirls. Me no likes um like schoolgirls, if me likes cheer girls at all.)
They even had a poor sod without a mic or platform trying to rev up the crowd in the West stand. DOH!
All three buggered off to the "Fan's Stand" when they realised no one was interested in what they were doing. At least in the other stand they could pretend they were helping.

ImageImage

There was a fake band during half time. Shoot them for whatever the hell they were tying to do, then shoot them again for helping make "Soo-won E-Feu Shi" a thing.
And there was a real old timey, noisy making band in the stands.

ImageImage

Less than a year ago the team would have been happy to get that little part of the stadium as full as it was today. And today, even though more free tickets were given out than the Bluewings do for a Supermatch, you still have to feel this was a huge success for their first home game in the top league.

(Side note, all these people entered the stadium through just 2 or three gates O.o )

Unfortunately this mass of free tickets meant loads of people who didn't really have much of an interest in the game or football in general. If the ball even looked like it might be going in the direction of the goal them people would start yelling, and go all "aaaah"ing when the ball hit the corner flag. Yea people, that was REALLY close. Great pass? Super footwork? Build up that is working to that huge gap over there? Nope, not a super duper shot for the corner flag, so we don't care.

That, and the high school girls who constantly walk past to go buy more food, or quickly say something to their friends on the other side of the block or whatever, all while texting and grooming themselves in the phone's reflection. GET OFF MY LAWN, YOU DAMN KIDS!

Sadly, while the game was going on the women's team were practicing on the artificial pitch next door. You would think they would have time and tickets for the ladies to go watch their city colleagues on their big day. What a shame.
There are two routes to success in football. One is being good. The other is being lucky. You need both to win a championship. But you need only one to win a match.

Korean Stadiums: http://tinyurl.com/KoreanStadiums

Alex43
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Alex43 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:31 am

uhhh that cheerleader is hot mate... great match day report otherwise!!! think half those people will return next match?
well well well

eujin

Postby eujin » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:44 am

Bloody hell, Pohang are top already!

OttoSilver
National League champion
National League champion

Postby OttoSilver » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:16 am

Alex43 wrote:uhhh that cheerleader is hot mate... great match day report otherwise!!! think half those people will return next match?

I'm sure most people will find her hot, and she is nice, but just LOOKS too young for me. Even in school I preferred women who looked to be in their 30s.

As for the crowd, I'm not sure. If they can get a decent run going and say nice and midfield, then I see many of these people coming back. Maybe 3-4k per game? Which is way more than their 300-400 last year :P
There are two routes to success in football. One is being good. The other is being lucky. You need both to win a championship. But you need only one to win a match.

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:22 am

They won't be back. How many were Bluewings fans? How many were told to go by Suwon City council?

Steve Han on Twitter keeps posting the stat that the average fan at Bluewings paid 6k won or something last season which means a hell of a lot them must have been freebies despite the PR about not giving out free tickets. I doubt the paying fans at Suwon FC will increase much at all this year. They might get 1500 instead of 1000. The rest will be hangers on.

Suwons average last season was 1355 not 400. Their biggest was 6000
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Groundhopping: the48club.wordpress.com

SEFC: seoulelandfc.wordpress.com

48 Club Count = 47. ONE TO GO!

kingkenny7
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Postby kingkenny7 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:02 am

Round 2

Saturday March 19

Suwon FC 1 : 1 Seongnam FC
'60 Tiago(Seongnam)
'65 Kim Byung-oh(Suwon)
H/L : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rgpbTa86uA

Gwangju FC 1 : 0 Jeju United
'64 Jeong Jo-guk(Gwangju)
H/L : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI2ZiFJaI54

Sunday March 20

Incheon United 0 : 2 Pohang Steelers
'20 Shim Dong-woon(Pohang)
'68 Moon Chang-jin(Pohang)
H/L : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y38Er5UUe-8

Ulsan Hyundai 0 : 0 Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors
H/L : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY9q1VRbbDs

FC Seoul 4 : 0 Sangju Sangmu
'3 Osmar(Seoul)
'41 Adriano(Seoul)
'83 Dejan(Seoul)
'84 Lee Suk-hyeon(Seoul)
H/L : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tjr2jWVH77A

Suwon Samsung 2 : 2 Jeonnam Dragons
'16 Santos(Suwon)
'24 Cho Dong-gun(Suwon)
'81 Oršić(Jeonnam)
'83 Jugović(Jeonnam)
H/L : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt3I50_bl1w

League Standing after 2R

kingkenny7
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Postby kingkenny7 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:15 am

Karma is bitch, when you thinking of Suwon B puts the image of crying Dragons to their twitter account prior to the game.

OttoSilver
National League champion
National League champion

Postby OttoSilver » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:14 pm

SteveW wrote:Suwons average last season was 1355 not 400. Their biggest was 6000

That average was because of their run near the end of the season. If not for that it would have been much lower, I'm sure. I was at a 4 or 5 of their games. REALLY quiet during the first half. Even for their first game they were only able to fill the small stand that I show in the one photo. That, with the people in the VIP section maybe 1,500. The games for a few months after that were, comparatively speaking dead with only 400-500 people

Looking up the records they are saying there were 4500 people at that first game last year. That number doesn't make sense.

Stadium capacity is 27,000. Take out most of the south stand (there were still people at the sides and then the small stand in front of it) and we are down to maybe 20,000-22,00. I'm no genius, but if a full stadium like this weekend is just under 15,000, then surely that first game must have had the stadium 1/4 completely packed.

As a side note, Suwon FC are currently only charging 9k per ticket. Not bad at all :)

OttoSilver
National League champion
National League champion

Postby OttoSilver » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:16 pm

kingkenny7 wrote:Suwon B

I like that. Suwon A and Suwon B. :smt005

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:44 pm

eujin wrote:Bloody hell, Pohang are top already!

I called it!

paquebot
National League champion
National League champion

Postby paquebot » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:26 pm

OttoSilver wrote:
Alex43 wrote:uhhh that cheerleader is hot mate... great match day report otherwise!!! think half those people will return next match?

I'm sure most people will find her hot, and she is nice, but just LOOKS too young for me. Even in school I preferred women who looked to be in their 30s.

Looks too young to me as well, Maybe Alex has a thing for high school girls? :smt112
In Yangju, if your cabbage doesn't understand you and you have valid reason for not eating it, then it is ok to go to other vegetables for your kimchi - though strictly nothing from south of Namyangju. -- Martyrs Forever

Return to “K League”