K-League 2016 - Round 1

Discussion on K League Classic (K1), K League Challenge (K2), FA Cup and other major competitions.
Suwonesque
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Re: K-League 2016 - Round 1

Postby Suwonesque » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:03 pm

For the first time in 10 years, I am not expecting a good Suwon run this season. Would be happy if we win FA Cup and top 4 finish, though that seem unlikely.
Suwon derby would be huge i think.
Blue is the color!

Rothesay Saint
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby Rothesay Saint » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:03 am

Suwonesque wrote:For the first time in 10 years, I am not expecting a good Suwon run this season. Would be happy if we win FA Cup and top 4 finish, though that seem unlikely.

Even big clubs like FC Seoul would be happy with a top four finish and a cup win. Samsung haven't come close to a season as good as that in years. If they avoid relegation / being taken over by Suwon FC then I reckon they'll be happy with that.
Bring back King Cha.

Suwonesque
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Postby Suwonesque » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:41 pm

Rothesay Saint wrote:
Suwonesque wrote:For the first time in 10 years, I am not expecting a good Suwon run this season. Would be happy if we win FA Cup and top 4 finish, though that seem unlikely.

Even big clubs like FC Seoul would be happy with a top four finish and a cup win. Samsung haven't come close to a season as good as that in years. If they avoid relegation / being taken over by Suwon FC then I reckon they'll be happy with that.

Yeah not bad for a club with sponsorship-cut and still become vice-champions for two consecutive years.
Blue is the color!

Gyongmaman
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller

Postby Gyongmaman » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:33 am

Went to the Rounders pre-season game in Suwon yesterday afternoon (1pm Tuesday but at least a couple of thousand there - it was free though) and had a little wander around the football ground next door, mainly just to get up close to those wonderful floodlights and stare at the bus for a while. Looks like Suwon FC is joining the temporary stand club as they have started building a frame behind the goal where their seven "ultras" and guy with drum usually stand. There were also trolley loads of plastic seats just outside the gate (secondhand; could have borrowed them from Big Bird as they'll not be needing them there this season).

They need to get a shift on though as it appears to be only about three rows big so far and no-one was working on it. Having said that, they haven't even yet replaced the big banners over the Sports Complex entrance advertising their 2015 Challenge fixtures so they're clearly in no hurry. Good job they are away first round.

OttoSilver
National League champion
National League champion

Postby OttoSilver » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:00 am

Not sure how big the derby will be, since most of the people who turn up seem more like curious onlookers, and half of them are actually Bluewing supporters :P

But whatever, I have Suwon City's first game booked and I will try to get to the game where they host Samsung.
There are two routes to success in football. One is being good. The other is being lucky. You need both to win a championship. But you need only one to win a match.

Korean Stadiums: http://tinyurl.com/KoreanStadiums

daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

Postby daeguowl » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:33 pm

Seoul are taking 13 official buses, 2 unofficisl buses and a plethora of individuals to Jeonbuk tomorrow. Should be a good atmosphere...

Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion

Postby Holyjoe » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:36 am

daeguowl wrote:Seoul are taking 13 official buses, 2 unofficisl buses and a plethora of individuals to Jeonbuk tomorrow. Should be a good atmosphere...

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:25 pm

Seongnam 2-0 Suwon Bluewings. :smt100

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:00 pm

Ridiculous stuff at the Steelyard.

Gwangju were seeing out a comfortable 2-0 away win with a few minutes left. Fast forward 5 minutes and it's 3-2 Pohang after the backside fell out of Gwangju's defence.

Now it's 99 minutes on the clock and Gwangju have a pen to make it 3-3 with the last kick of the match
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Groundhopping: the48club.wordpress.com

SEFC: seoulelandfc.wordpress.com

48 Club Count = 47. ONE TO GO!

Evergreen
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Evergreen » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:26 am

SteveW wrote:Ridiculous stuff at the Steelyard.

Gwangju were seeing out a comfortable 2-0 away win with a few minutes left. Fast forward 5 minutes and it's 3-2 Pohang after the backside fell out of Gwangju's defence.

Now it's 99 minutes on the clock and Gwangju have a pen to make it 3-3 with the last kick of the match

That's how it played out? My Livescore app on my phone had Gwangju winning 3-2 and Pohang equalizing at the death. It wouldn't be the first time that this app has let me down mind you.

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:20 am

I tweeted at about 86 minutes that Gwangju had done well to get a 2-0 result. 6 minutes later they were 3-2 down and it looked like Pohang had somehow done it and I was, not for the first time, looking a bit of a tit. So that's definitely how it went down. Pen came deep in stoppage time and was literally the last kick of the match as the ref blew for FT as soon as it went in.

I'd stopped watching earlier as it was dull as hell to be honest. My match report was along the lines of zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz goal zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz goal zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?!?! WOW.

Looks like Jung Jo-kook is going to be a good acquisition for Gwangju. Might have to revise my opinion on them being relegation favourites. They started well last season too though. Wonder what they do in pre-season? Were they training with Sharapova?
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Groundhopping: the48club.wordpress.com

SEFC: seoulelandfc.wordpress.com

48 Club Count = 47. ONE TO GO!

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:57 am

Watched the highlights of all three matches via YouTube and both Jeonbuk and FC Seoul look streets ahead of the other four sides in action. Suwon look poor, particularly defensively and they didn't look to have much going forward either. That's just one goal in three matches so far in 2016 which has got to be a bit of a concern even early on.

Gwangju looked to be playing some nice stuff, not long after going 2-0 up they then had a bloke sent off unnecessarily and that could well have been their undoing as they seemed to be pretty well organised.

Some pretty healthy attendance figures posted but then they always are on the opening weekend..

Jeonbuk 1-0 FC Seoul (32,695)
Seongnam 2-0 Suwon SB (14,504)
Pohang 3-3 Gwangju (12,141)

kingkenny7
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Postby kingkenny7 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:06 pm

Round 1

Saturday March 12

Jeonbuk Hyundai 1:0 FC Seoul
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8FvnOP2iEU

Seongnam FC 2:0 Suwon Samsung
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf2iiX34y-k

Pohang Steelers 3:3 Gwangju FC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fpsJbLdPys

Sunday March 13

Jeonnam Dragons 0:0 Suwon FC
Highlights Unavailable for Overseas

Jeju United 3:1 Incheon United
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nq2SpgVxlk

Sangju Sangmu 2:0 Ulsan Hyundai
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbPXY73YjL4

Round 1 Ladder
Last edited by kingkenny7 on Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a Seongnam FC Fan living in Down Under.

Alex43
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Alex43 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:22 am

yo!!!kingkenny got a new (black) logo and is back in full force this year!!
well well well

Alex43
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Alex43 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:23 am

actually, spotv blocked all those highligts for me.... boo you Kingkenny! :)
well well well

Return to “K League”