2015/2016 Winter Transfer Thread

Discussion on K League Classic (K1), K League Challenge (K2), FA Cup and other major competitions.
Alex43
National League champion
National League champion

2015/2016 Winter Transfer Thread

Postby Alex43 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:22 am

*holyj rename this whatever you like

-dejan said he wants to retire in the kleague. will seoul pick him up? heard from a source that ulsan and incheon have put in bids for him but molina is leaving seoul so that opens it up. interesting enough, if jeonbuk wants a striker for next season, this could be the new edu but he and LDK would have to get along.

-kaio is getting offers from japan. i think the same team is going for three suwon players (didnt i see this on another thread already?)
well well well

Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion

Re: 2015/2016 Winter Transfer Thread

Postby Holyjoe » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:14 pm

Jung Sung-ryong has agreed a deal to move to Kawasaki Frontale from Suwon, the game against Jeonbuk this weekend will be his last in a Suwon shirt. Presume they'd move for Lee Bum-young to replace him, particularly if Busan get relegated but he must be a target regardless.

Although if they're cutting costs as drastically as reports say then they might just go with Noh Dong-keun and pocket the saving in Jung's wages.

changwonmatty
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller

Postby changwonmatty » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:36 pm

Gyeongnam winter transfer news....sweet f##k all I would imagine.
Kleague Classic (9) - 서울WC, 수원WC, 인천숭의, 성남탄천, 전주WC, 포항스틸야드, 울산문수, 광주WC,상주종합
Kleague Challenge (9) - 창원축구센터, 창원종합, 마산종합, 진주종합, 양산종합, 대구종합, 함안종합, 부산아시아드, 대전WC
National League (3) - 창원축구센터, 부산구덕, 울산장합

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:47 pm

Jung moving might create a bit of merry go round if goalies are moving. To be honest they'd be better off with Kim Young-kwang than LBY but they did play most of the season with Noh in reality didn't they?

Jeonnam will probably be looking for a keeper as well.
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Groundhopping: the48club.wordpress.com

SEFC: seoulelandfc.wordpress.com

48 Club Count = 47. ONE TO GO!

Alex43
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Alex43 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:54 pm

SteveW wrote:Jung moving might create a bit of merry go round if goalies are moving. To be honest they'd be better off with Kim Young-kwang than LBY but they did play most of the season with Noh in reality didn't they?

Jeonnam will probably be looking for a keeper as well.

jeonnam brought in at least one younger keeper this past season. when i say younger, i mean in their 20's cause well, ya know. kim byung ji was talking about the 777 mark and I guess he is still going for that so not quitting in the next two seasons i would assume
well well well

MrRyanWalters
Korean football wannabe
Korean football wannabe

Postby MrRyanWalters » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:59 am

Looks like Lee Jong-ho's getting interest from abroad (https://t.co/XyOBl1D1Ul). Netherlands, China, and Japan are listed on there. As a Dragons fan I'm hoping he stays for a bit, but he only has one year remaining on his contract, so if he's set on leaving, it'd be best for the Dragons to sell him this year to at least get something out of the deal.

(originally found this from @Takeuchee and @RealSteveScores on Twitter)

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:40 pm

I wonder if Ulsan will look at bringing Kim Young-kwang back, seems like Kim Seung-kyu is going to join his goalkeeping mate Jung over in Japan by signing for Vissel Kobe.

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:00 am

Pohang manager Hwang Sun-hong took charge of his final game for the club this weekend. Rumour is he's off to Cerezo Osaka, who will appear in the J2 promotion playoff (to rejoin J1) shortly.

Alex43
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Alex43 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:11 am

MipoFanatic wrote:Pohang manager Hwang Sun-hong took charge of his final game for the club this weekend. Rumour is he's off to Cerezo Osaka, who will appear in the J2 promotion playoff (to rejoin J1) shortly.

unless he is going to sabatoge the team, i dont see that happening. he is stepping down for 'personal reasons' and has been open about developing the kleague and korean players here instead of abroad
well well well

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:50 am

7 players announced to be joining the Police for next season:

Notable among them were Hwang Do-yeon from Jeju who played for E-Land last season and Gyeongnam keeper Son Jung-hyun who looked pretty good last year as well as Kim Dae-ho from Pohang and Seongnam's Nam Jun-jae

Looks like they will have a decent defence again next season but still looking for a goalscorer.
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:05 pm

Jeonbuk have added a new foreigner to their squad in the shape of Jeju's Ricardo Lopes Pereira (Lopes), not quite Didier Drogba or any of the "big name" players they were reportedly in for to mount an ACL challenge next season but had a decent enough season.

Also looms like Jeonnam will be letting Kim Byung-ji go but he still wants to continue playing. Suwon Bluewings and Ulsan both need keepers, he started out at Ulsan Hyundai so that would be a fitting place to end his career...

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:31 pm

Actually hold fire on the Lopes to Jeonbuk thing, Jeju are pissed off that he's been to the club for a medical and everything as he's still technically on loan to them until December 14th and reckon nothing should have been done until that deal ended. Not sure if they're going to put in an official protest/complaint to the K-League or FIFA but they're certainly not happy about the deal being agreed and announced now.

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:05 am

Not quite sure what their complaint is but they've got two chances of it meaning anything.

Also a rumour that they were trying to sign Van Persie? Apparently they're begging Hyundai for the money to get a big name in.

Alex43
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Alex43 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:51 am

yeah, lopez isnt even a name in the Kleague outside of this board. i doubt any fans from the league know who he is so that wouldnt be what they were targeting.

JB have two spots open; asian and foreigner, and they especially need a striker. How much would they have to pay a top level chinese player from the Cleague to come here? I heard they are targeting that to get into the chinese market. if anyone spends the money, it would be jeonbuk and it's about time the league has a retiring world class foreigner to come over to the league.
well well well

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:07 am

Problem would be that the top level Chinese players maybe aren't that good?

I doubt RvP will happen and I'm not sure how much Hyundai would be willing to spend. LDG is on 1.5m a year? How far would 2 or 3m a year get you down the list of 'world stars on the verge of retirement'? Honestly be better off in football terms signing Min-kyu as a replacement for LDG.

Elsewhere Incheon are flogging Yoo Hyun, who I think is a decent keeper, so presuming that's to Suwon, Ulsan or Jeonnam? Also looks like they are bringing in a Vietnamese midfielder for a six figure sum.

I wouldn't be surprised if Seoul were in for a keeper either though and they could throw KYD in as a sweetener.

Return to “K League”