2015 K-League Challenge Play-offs

Discussion on K League Classic (K1), K League Challenge (K2), FA Cup and other major competitions.
MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Re: 2015 K-League Challenge Play-offs

Postby MipoFanatic » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:07 am

Is anyone streaming the Daegu-Suwon match?

EDIT: Figured it out, thanks.

changwonmatty
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller

Postby changwonmatty » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:11 pm

Suwon continue the run from fourth (ala Gwangju last season) with a 2-1 win away at Daegu....a Japa double doing the business.

That sets it up for a Busan vs. Suwon two legged playoff next week....go Suwon!!!! Nobody would have picked Suwon to go up at the start of the season.
Kleague Classic (9) - 서울WC, 수원WC, 인천숭의, 성남탄천, 전주WC, 포항스틸야드, 울산문수, 광주WC,상주종합
Kleague Challenge (9) - 창원축구센터, 창원종합, 마산종합, 진주종합, 양산종합, 대구종합, 함안종합, 부산아시아드, 대전WC
National League (3) - 창원축구센터, 부산구덕, 울산장합

Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion

Postby Holyjoe » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:45 pm

changwonmatty wrote:That sets it up for a Busan vs. Suwon two legged playoff next week....go Suwon!!!! Nobody would have picked Suwon to go up at the start of the season.

Indeed.. it's quite remarkable to think the club have gone from sabotaging the 2007 National League championship final because they were pissed at a refereeing decision to within 180 minutes of playing with the big boys.

Always had a strong dislike of Busan so really hope Suwon relegate them :-)

eujin

Postby eujin » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:35 pm

Right, I'm hoping Busan win. The country needs a top tier team in the second largest city (which could also be said for the third and fourth largest cities) and the Southeast needs a team in the top league too, otherwise the sport is going to regionalise (further). Suwon doesn't need two teams in the top league. Say no to more Gyeonggido derbies.

Rothesay Saint
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby Rothesay Saint » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:11 am

eujin wrote:Right, I'm hoping Busan win. The country needs a top tier team in the second largest city (which could also be said for the third and fourth largest cities) and the Southeast needs a team in the top league too, otherwise the sport is going to regionalise (further). Suwon doesn't need two teams in the top league. Say no to more Gyeonggido derbies.

Two thirds of the league is in the south (Pohang, Sangju, Busan, Ulsan, Gwangju, Jeonnam, Jeonbuk, Jeju) with only a third in Gyeonggi (Incheon, Seoul, Seongnam, Suwon). Be good to see another northern team to balance it up. :smt117
Bring back King Cha.

changwonmatty
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller

Postby changwonmatty » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:24 am

eujin wrote:Right, I'm hoping Busan win. The country needs a top tier team in the second largest city (which could also be said for the third and fourth largest cities) and the Southeast needs a team in the top league too, otherwise the sport is going to regionalise (further). Suwon doesn't need two teams in the top league. Say no to more Gyeonggido derbies.

Selfish reasons here....almost other every challenge team (except Sangju and Chungju) is based in and around Seoul...wouldnt mind another away trip plus always enjoy a trip to our neighbours.
Kleague Challenge (9) - 창원축구센터, 창원종합, 마산종합, 진주종합, 양산종합, 대구종합, 함안종합, 부산아시아드, 대전WC

OttoSilver
National League champion
National League champion

Postby OttoSilver » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:49 pm

What are the dates for these games? I would be up for going to the one in Suwon.
There are two routes to success in football. One is being good. The other is being lucky. You need both to win a championship. But you need only one to win a match.

Korean Stadiums: http://tinyurl.com/KoreanStadiums

changwonmatty
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller

Postby changwonmatty » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:32 pm

OttoSilver wrote:What are the dates for these games? I would be up for going to the one in Suwon.

Wednesday at 7pm at Suwon.
Saturday at 4pm at Busan (Gudeok not Asiad)

Edit: Just looking at Busan's recent form it is horrid. One win since the start of June (against Daejeon in late July) or 24 games and no wins in 15. Only two wins away from home all season (last one in May). Suwon really do have a decent shot at going up.

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:30 am

Looking at Busan's form I can't see them staying up IF the game is fair. 1 win in 24 matches is absolutely awful. Confidence must be completely shot.
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Groundhopping: the48club.wordpress.com

SEFC: seoulelandfc.wordpress.com

48 Club Count = 47. ONE TO GO!

eujin

Postby eujin » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:13 am

SteveW wrote:Looking at Busan's form I can't see them staying up IF the game is fair. 1 win in 24 matches is absolutely awful. Confidence must be completely shot.

That one win did come against the team that ran away with the K-League Challenge last year. There is a gulf in class between the two leagues and shot confidence might not be enough to make up for that. Not that it helped Gyeongnam last year.

And as far as I know, Busan don't actually need to win either match, some away goals would be enough. The last time they managed to draw consecutive matches against K-League opponents was a couple of weeks ago.

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:22 am

Really not convinced there is a gulf in class between top of Challenge and bottom of Classic from what I saw this year. Daejeon were just crap. But they were fairly crap in Challenge too after a rip-roaring start and basically had a one-man team. And they lost that man. Gwangju were 4th and managed to stay up pretty comfortably.

Oddly I really don't think Suwon are that great but they have goals in them when they get on top. They're running high on confidence right now after a pretty cracking second half to the season have Japa scoring or fun, Sisi adding some flair and a bunch of Koreans who seem as competent as most of Busan's team.

Busan have Weslley. I rest my case.
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

eujin

Postby eujin » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:03 am

SteveW wrote:Really not convinced there is a gulf in class between top of Challenge and bottom of Classic from what I saw this year. Daejeon were just crap. But they were fairly crap in Challenge too after a rip-roaring start and basically had a one-man team. And they lost that man. Gwangju were 4th and managed to stay up pretty comfortably.

There's already been a lot of yo-yoing. Sangju have two titles to their name and the league is only three years old. Every year the team that has come bottom of the Classic has gone right back up again as champions the following year. Every year the defending Challenger champion has come right back down as bottom of the Classic. Suwon would be the first non-former Classic team to be promoted if they did win. And while a fix wouldn't surprise me, Busan winning fair and square wouldn't either.

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:04 pm

Yeah but Gyeongnam were better than Sangju and where are they now?

I think Sangju are just a special case so ignore them.

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:21 pm

Surprise Surprise! Suwon have had a man sent off. Still 0-0.

eujin

Postby eujin » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:51 pm

Even more of a surprise for Steve now as Busan also have a man sent off and Suwon are 1-0 up.

Return to “K League”