2015 K-League Classic Round 21 & 22

Discussion on K League Classic (K1), K League Challenge (K2), FA Cup and other major competitions.
OttoSilver
National League champion
National League champion

2015 K-League Classic Round 21 & 22

Postby OttoSilver » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:33 pm

I finally managed to get to the team that, in theory, is right next to me, Songnam.

With a car it is a nice 20-25 minute trip, but with the subway it is all the way down to Suwon then all the way up to Songnam. That inter city busses. At least the subway is more regular.

Anyway...

I actually liked the little stadium. Ignoring the stupid track around the field that has us sitting so far away that it looks like the game is being payed on a square, of course. The sound travels really well in there and at times it was easy to hear any of the four Songnam supporter groups.

Whats up with that. Four groups, sitting in completely different sections, each with their own drummer doing their own thing. The funniest was the one group who was pretty quiet most of the time, but when half time hit they suddenly came to life and were doing dances and s*** like it was the Superbowl half time party.

Game wise it was, well, FC Seoul. Both teams seemed intend on showing how incapable they are in the scoring department. Frustrating, boring, waste of money. Why do we do this to ourselves? And how the hell are we 3rd in the league?!

There were two goals. The first I saw and it was nice, but in what seemed like seconds later Songnam scored to equalize. No idea how. I must have looked down at my phone, or up at the prettyish beer girl or something, but it was over in a flash.

1-1 and another venue that I watched sport at (but without makgeolli)
There are two routes to success in football. One is being good. The other is being lucky. You need both to win a championship. But you need only one to win a match.

Korean Stadiums: http://tinyurl.com/KoreanStadiums

Gas1883
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser

Re: 2015 K-League Classic Round 21 & 22

Postby Gas1883 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:05 pm

Good to Cha back in the starting line-up and Park CY on the bench (where he deserved to be after going around the keeper and missing against Gwangju). Park was in the right place at the right time for goal though it looks like he was just poking it away from the keeper up in the air rather than shooting at goal. Anyway, good for him for scoring but I still think he's crap. The Seongnam goal on the other hand was a great finish!

By the way I was impressed with Gwangju against Seoul last weekend. Thought they looked good and they got a great point against Jeonbok last night too. The only problem was the suicidal goalkeeper!

I don't think there is much difference between 3rd and 9th really in terms of quality.

How are Seoul 3rd???? Hmmm no idea. Is 31% of games ending a draw high or low in a leagye? (21x12 = 251 games divided by 80 (number of draws)

daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

Postby daeguowl » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:22 pm

Gas1883 wrote:Good to Cha back in the starting line-up and Park CY on the bench (where he deserved to be after going around the keeper and missing against Gwangju). Park was in the right place at the right time for goal though it looks like he was just poking it away from the keeper up in the air rather than shooting at goal. Anyway, good for him for scoring but I still think he's crap. The Seongnam goal on the other hand was a great finish!

By the way I was impressed with Gwangju against Seoul last weekend. Thought they looked good and they got a great point against Jeonbok last night too. The only problem was the suicidal goalkeeper!

I don't think there is much difference between 3rd and 9th really in terms of quality.

How are Seoul 3rd???? Hmmm no idea. Is 31% of games ending a draw high or low in a leagye? (21x12 = 251 games divided by 80 (number of draws)

Were you watching on tv?

Gas1883

Postby Gas1883 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:23 pm

daeguowl wrote:
Gas1883 wrote:Good to Cha back in the starting line-up and Park CY on the bench (where he deserved to be after going around the keeper and missing against Gwangju). Park was in the right place at the right time for goal though it looks like he was just poking it away from the keeper up in the air rather than shooting at goal. Anyway, good for him for scoring but I still think he's crap. The Seongnam goal on the other hand was a great finish!

Were you watching on tv?

err...no. Did I miss something?

Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion

Postby Holyjoe » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:12 pm

Seoul pumped by Pohang today, I bet they're glad Choi turned down that job in China...

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:21 pm

KYD has scored an og apparently? Where's weka when you need him?
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Groundhopping: the48club.wordpress.com

SEFC: seoulelandfc.wordpress.com

48 Club Count = 47. ONE TO GO!

Alex43
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Alex43 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:24 pm

SteveW wrote:KYD has scored an og apparently? Where's weka when you need him?

where did you see that? he kicked the ball out, and it was back in the net in under 10 secs but it was a great shot. I dont think he got a hand on it, but even then that doesnt count as an OG for keepers...
well well well

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:26 pm

kleague.com reported it as a KYD goal.
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Groundhopping: the48club.wordpress.com

SEFC: seoulelandfc.wordpress.com

48 Club Count = 47. ONE TO GO!

Alex43
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Alex43 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:07 pm

Ah I completely forgot there was a game today. In the middle of a road trip. Thought u were talking about seongnam.

Ill try to get the youtube download and then tease weka shortly after
well well well

Gas1883

Postby Gas1883 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:56 am

Pohang were awesome tonight. Seoul were...souless.
Jin-Ho, Shin, Dong-Woon,Sim and Seung-Dae, Kim were really great for the visitors.
Sim's goal, Pohang's 3rd came are a neat shimmy to fool the defender and although he was in a crossing position be fired the ball in like he was shooting, KYD totally bamboozled and he palmed it into the net. Could have been going in anyway.

If Gwangju were good last week v Seoul then Pohang were the next level up.
Some lovely interplay among the Pohang players, especially in the second half.
Cha's goal was probably offside, you know it's suspicious when they don't show a replay on the big screen in Sangam, same thing happened earlier in the season v Jeonnam.

Well done Pohang, you were a joy to watch tonight. A real football team.

Alex43
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Alex43 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:04 am

Find the jeju v jeonbuk highlight that is 4:03 long (its on the fb group). Fast forward to 2:38 and become a jeonbuk fan...

I didnt see a lineup, but I didnt see leo nor lee donggook on the field in their 3-0 win.
well well well

daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

Postby daeguowl » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:55 pm

Gas1883 wrote:
daeguowl wrote:

Were you watching on tv?

No, just didnt see anyone at the game beyond the usual regulars.

OttoSilver
National League champion
National League champion

Postby OttoSilver » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:00 am

There are two routes to success in football. One is being good. The other is being lucky. You need both to win a championship. But you need only one to win a match.

Korean Stadiums: http://tinyurl.com/KoreanStadiums

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:56 pm

Was that banner paid for by Suwon, Jeonbuk and Pohang fans?

Gas1883

Postby Gas1883 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:00 pm

daeguowl wrote:
Gas1883 wrote:
daeguowl wrote:

Were you watching on tv?

No, just didnt see anyone at the game beyond the usual regulars.

Okay now I get it. I just saw the video highlights and read a match report.
Though I sneakily construed my original post in a way that may have made it seem like I was there :D

Would love to have not been working, but such is life....

Return to “K League”