Seongnam Ilhwa becoming a citizen club

Discussion on K League Classic (K1), K League Challenge (K2), FA Cup and other major competitions.
anamerican
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Re: Goodbye Seongnam Ilhwa, hello Ansan FC

Postby anamerican » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:05 pm

What? Who owned Daejeon before becoming a citizen team?
AnAmerican
Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

njs
National League champion
National League champion

Postby njs » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:48 pm

Nobody.

They were established by city hall to fill up a WC stadium.
Anyang Fo' Life

Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion

Postby Holyjoe » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:06 pm

Worrying news for Seongnam fans, the task force behind converting the club from corporate to citizen ownership has stated it is proving difficult for them to get things in place and they're in danger of missing out on being able to register the club with the K-League and FIFA in time. It seems also that Seongnam city hall's 문화복지위원회 (Culture & Welfare Committee?) have questioned the sense of spending so much money on a football club when they don't really have to and may oppose the use of public funds to run the club. The deadline for getting registered and participating in 2014 is December 20th and they're not convinced they'll meet that as they've still got a ton of work to do to get things in order. I'm sure rules can be bent or relaxed to accommodate them if it's just a matter of extending the deadline. If the council committee are throwing up objections then that's a whole different raft of problems to overcome.

Could be a fun close season then for the relegated clubs as if Seongnam go bust then someone might get a reprieve. Hope someone somewhere's got Ansan City Hall's phone number and a very large case of brandy to hand as a contingency plan should staying in Seongnam not be a viable option after all...

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:36 am

All dissenters have been dealt with and the financial support bill which will provide funding for the team was officially ratified by Seongnam city hall today. Not content with just a football club they're now looking into creating or attracting a baseball team to the city as well. Someone's found a slush fund they didn't know they had...

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:41 am

Holyjoe wrote:All dissenters have been dealt with and the financial support bill which will provide funding for the team was officially ratified by Seongnam city hall today. Not content with just a football club they're now looking into creating or attracting a baseball team to the city as well. Someone's found a slush fund they didn't know they had...

Seongnam council's room salon budget will be signiifcantly diminished next year.

I bet the baseball team won't even be able to keep on the good looking cheerleaders.
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Groundhopping: the48club.wordpress.com

SEFC: seoulelandfc.wordpress.com

48 Club Count = 47. ONE TO GO!

Holyjoe

Re: Seongnam Ilhwa becoming a citizen club

Postby Holyjoe » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:54 pm

Thought it was about time we had a thread title change really, and that goes well with the release of the logo designs, mascot options and kit choices that are being put to a public vote.

Logo option A looks like a bit of a rip off of the Jungnang Chorus Mustang emblem, and I really am not keen on Korean clubs including the initials of the syllables that make up their city/regional name on official merchandise. It should be SFC, unless they're planning on naming themselves Seongnam Nutters FC or something. Presumably the gate in B and D is inspired by Namhansanseong?

Anyway option C seems to me the only decent logo option, I'd go with option C for the mascot because he looks like one evil mofo, and I think they should play in the shitty brown colour of kit B just because that sums the club up perfectly.

eujin

Postby eujin » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:34 pm

Option D for the mascot. There's something very inclusive and citizeny about having every single one of your fans as mascots.

anamerican
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby anamerican » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:55 pm

C, C, B?? Would be my vote.
AnAmerican
Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Alex43
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Alex43 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:28 pm

eujin wrote:Option D for the mascot. There's something very inclusive and citizeny about having every single one of your fans as mascots.

:smt005 there was no emoticon for pissing in your pants laughing so i had to use that one

anamerican wrote:C, C, B?? Would be my vote.

C is spot on, much different that other korean badges.
abc are ok, the others are ridiculous
what colors are D and F? i am not a fan of white shorts...
well well well

FCSeoul
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Postby FCSeoul » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:08 pm

Logo: B
Mascot: D, E, F
Kit: B (D looks a lot Bayer Leverkusen's kit and E looks like Bucheon's kit.)

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:30 pm

C A F for me I think. Hard to tell the colours of the strips from those photos.

I expect the winners to be A F and E though since these votes always seem to go to the worst choices.
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Groundhopping: the48club.wordpress.com

SEFC: seoulelandfc.wordpress.com

48 Club Count = 47. ONE TO GO!

anamerican
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby anamerican » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:32 am

I wasn't sure which is why i put question marks on my last post.

C C F

The C mascot looks more stern / angry. F is the black right? The blue that is almost black would be ok. (Chicago Bears)
AnAmerican

FCSeoul
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Postby FCSeoul » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:26 pm

Seongnam unveiled their new emblem.

Guess no more pegasus.

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:29 pm

That's an impressive and varied amount of sponsors that Seongnam have managed to attract for the new season:

http://seongnamfc.com/club/sponsor.html ... nu=sponsor

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:17 pm

I think someone forgot to tell Park Jong-hwan his proper old school managerial tactics don't really work so well in the modern game - he's reportedly punched two players in the face during training and the club are "investigating" the incident. Kim Sung-joon and Kim Nam-kwon are the two he appears to have taken exception to. Don't think there's anything wrong with that really, I'd probably punch Seongnam players in the face too.

Return to “K League”