The "Does he like kimchi?" thread

Discussion on K League Classic (K1), K League Challenge (K2), FA Cup and other major competitions.
eujin
K-League K-Pop stalker
K-League K-Pop stalker

Re: The "Does he like kimchi?" thread

Postby eujin » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:22 am

MipoFanatic wrote:Why don't they ever wear cheonmin costume?

That is an excellent idea.

Alex43
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Alex43 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:15 am

wilkinsons son attended a preschool during his last year. he would eat korean food for lunch, then come home and not eat an aussie dinner. turned out that the family had to cook white rice for him. we'd go to restaurants and everyone would be enjoying themselves, the little on would eat rice (actually, that happened once i think). maybe leo's girls have korean food and get used to it and demand it for dinner?
well well well

Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion
K-League Classic champion

Postby Holyjoe » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:12 am

Robert Cornthwaite almost definitely liked kimchi... and, if he didn't, he certainly thinks that other players should if they hope to be successful in Korea:

2: ADAPT TO LOCAL CUSTOMS AND CULTURE

The players who have the most success in Asian are the ones who adapt the best. Many foreigners tend to stick together from the various countries they're from, and as such can isolate themselves from the local players.

Be friends with the locals, go for dinner, lunch, coffee or even a night out and try their local food and drinks. Food is a great way to bridge cultural differences.

In other words: make an effort!

During my time at Jeonnam Dragons I had some Brazilians who refused to eat local food, which sometimes was frowned upon - at least give it a try.

Some even refused to use chopsticks. I know some locals thought of this as an insult and lack of respect.

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:04 pm

Hah, thanks for that.

The comment about learning the players' names definitely applied to Porterfield...

Return to “K League”