Round 11 - 2010 K League Season (Children's Day)

Discussion on K League Classic (K1), K League Challenge (K2), FA Cup and other major competitions.

Will you be attending a Children's Day match?

Poll ended at Tue May 11, 2010 5:13 pm

Absolutely.
38%
No, I'm busy.
19%
If I was in Korea, I would.
44%

Total votes: 16

sjc_three
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Re: Round 11 - 2010 K League Season (Children's Day)

Postby sjc_three » Thu May 06, 2010 8:00 pm

Right, I've held off so far, but now feel I have to know. What the deal with the chickens?

kingkenny7
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Postby kingkenny7 » Thu May 06, 2010 8:08 pm

Evergreen wrote:Speaking of chickens, I narrowly missed 이운재's head with a decapitated chicken yesterday after the referee sent off 고창현. It was pretty funny seeing some security guy run on into the goal mouth and remove 20 or so plastic chickens :lol:

Haha! 이운재 is the easiest keeper to have banter. Also he well have reacted to those banters.
a Seongnam FC Fan living in Down Under.

Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion
K-League Classic champion

Postby Holyjoe » Thu May 06, 2010 8:50 pm

sjc_three wrote:Right, I've held off so far, but now feel I have to know. What the deal with the chickens?

It's to do with the "Wings" in Suwon's name and of course the 'Big Bird' stadium name, and goes back to the old Suwon-Anyang rivalry... there were some cracking banners from back in the day:

Suwon's 'big bird' sticking it to the Anyang Cheetah:

Anyang's Cheetah getting revenge:

I seem to recall the Anyang fans decapitated a live chicken at one match which caused a fair bit of outrage. All in the name of fun, of course.

Evergreen
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Evergreen » Thu May 06, 2010 10:09 pm

kingkenny wrote:
Evergreen wrote:Speaking of chickens, I narrowly missed 이운재's head with a decapitated chicken yesterday after the referee sent off 고창현. It was pretty funny seeing some security guy run on into the goal mouth and remove 20 or so plastic chickens :lol:

Haha! 이운재 is the easiest keeper to have banter. Also he well have reacted to those banters.

Actually I feel really bad now I have sobered up. When he was running to the goal at the start of the second half, I shouted really loudly that he was a 'dog baby', to which he gave me a stern look.

Sorry Mr. Lee :?

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Fri May 07, 2010 6:37 am

Holyjoe wrote:One for the record books... Lee Ki-dong became the first ex-K3 player to play K-League football as he made his Pohang debut today and scored their goal as well. He had been playing for Cheongju Jikji in 2009 and finished second-top scorer before being drafted by Pohang.

Funny story about him. Apparently he wanted to join Chunnam straight after high school back in 2007, but he just missed the draft registration deadline. He went on to play for Yonsei University, but kept getting injured, so he basically gave up the game.

He then got a bit bored, and so went to play Sunday pub league football for an amateur club in Cheongju. That club decided to join K3, and during his time with Cheongju he was spotted by a Pohang scout. The rest is history...

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Fri May 07, 2010 6:45 am

Holyjoe wrote:I hope I'm getting royalties for that photo!

Certainly! Let's see.... 1% of a forecasted net profit of $5 is.... errr... ummm....

Probably won't be using that photo on the cover - but it is definitely a cracker. It might be included in the photo pages in the middle of the book. The cover will likely feature gratuitous T&A wrapped in clingy polyester.

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Fri May 07, 2010 6:54 am

Hootsmon
Sojued-up touchline ajosshi

Postby Hootsmon » Fri May 07, 2010 1:47 pm

MipoFanatic wrote:
Holyjoe wrote:One for the record books... Lee Ki-dong became the first ex-K3 player to play K-League football as he made his Pohang debut today and scored their goal as well. He had been playing for Cheongju Jikji in 2009 and finished second-top scorer before being drafted by Pohang.

Funny story about him. Apparently he wanted to join Chunnam straight after high school back in 2007, but he just missed the draft registration deadline. He went on to play for Yonsei University, but kept getting injured, so he basically gave up the game.

He then got a bit bored, and so went to play Sunday pub league football for an amateur club in Cheongju. That club decided to join K3, and during his time with Cheongju he was spotted by a Pohang scout. The rest is history...

Awesome story...it's what every Sunday league footballer dreams of.

There's still hope for me...here's hoping the Incheon scouts hang around the Seoul Expat Saturday League, Division 2!

Rothesay Saint
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby Rothesay Saint » Fri May 07, 2010 3:09 pm

Hootsmon wrote:
There's still hope for me...here's hoping the Incheon scouts hang around the Seoul Expat Saturday League, Division 2!

I assumed they already did. :smt117
Bring back King Cha.

njs
National League champion
National League champion

Postby njs » Fri May 07, 2010 3:27 pm

See what the league lost when Anyang's team got fucking stolen?!!!!!!
Anyang Fo' Life

paquebot
National League champion
National League champion

Postby paquebot » Fri May 07, 2010 7:06 pm

njs wrote:See what the league lost when Anyang's team got fucking stolen?!!!!!!

I only started attending K-League games this season, but I found it strange that there weren't any chants about FC Seoul's "history" coming from the Jeonbuk and Pohang away stands during their games at Sangam this season. Are they (songs, chants, et al.) less popular now that it's been a few years since the move?
In Yangju, if your cabbage doesn't understand you and you have valid reason for not eating it, then it is ok to go to other vegetables for your kimchi - though strictly nothing from south of Namyangju. -- Martyrs Forever

Evergreen
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Evergreen » Fri May 07, 2010 10:08 pm

paquebot wrote:
njs wrote:See what the league lost when Anyang's team got fucking stolen?!!!!!!

I only started attending K-League games this season, but I found it strange that there weren't any chants about FC Seoul's "history" coming from the Jeonbuk and Pohang away stands during their games at Sangam this season. Are they (songs, chants, et al.) less popular now that it's been a few years since the move?

We definitely have one that we sing to them and Jeju, but your right, it seems more light-hearted as the years pass.

Bluewings

Postby Bluewings » Fri May 07, 2010 10:46 pm

Daejon purple fagizens were their normal selves on Wednesday. It seems funny that they hate us so much and we don't give 2 shits about them.

The president of the grandbleu has filed a lawsuit against the purple fags for putting up a defaming sign aimed at his personal life. But hey, wouldn't be Daejon if there was any class.

I remember my first away game with suwon was at daejon and after the game 800 daejon fans surrounded our bus and I got hit with a full coke bottle. They were angry over haircare gettting a penalty.

I heard that If suwon lose to beijeng on Tuesday, Cha will be out as manager on Wednesday. Don't know how true that is though. I hope it's very true and we lose :-)
Was it the keepers right or the shooters right???--- Mustoe

Evergreen
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Evergreen » Fri May 07, 2010 10:52 pm

Bluewings wrote:I remember my first away game with suwon was at daejon and after the game 800 daejon fans surrounded our bus and I got hit with a full coke bottle. They were angry over haircare gettting a penalty

Come on now, you know as well as I do that we don't have anywhere near 800 fans :lol:

fagizens

fags

they wouldn't be daejon if they had any class

Sure you don't give two shits? :lol:

And what banner was that? I didn't see any that we don't usually take to away games. We, like Suwon, have split supporters groups. If it was the 'Purple Crew' that did it, I wouldn't be entirely surprised.

Oh and you could at least spell the name correctly :roll:

paquebot
National League champion
National League champion

Postby paquebot » Sat May 08, 2010 12:30 am

Evergreen wrote:Oh and you could at least spell the name correctly :roll:

Ahh, but that would get in the way of him not giving two shits. And we can't have that now, can we?
In Yangju, if your cabbage doesn't understand you and you have valid reason for not eating it, then it is ok to go to other vegetables for your kimchi - though strictly nothing from south of Namyangju. -- Martyrs Forever

Return to “K League”