Gyeongnam FC - Jinju Stadium

Got a question? Find the answer or ask it in here!
sjc_three
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Gyeongnam FC - Jinju Stadium

Postby sjc_three » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:49 am

N.B. This is not Gyeongnam's regular stadium which is in Changwon.

Photos of the new stadium in Jinju, where Gyeongnam will apparently be playing one home game a season.

Outside of the stadium.

Inside the stadium.

A grass bank that has been built into the stadium behind the goal. Was reserved for the away supporters in this game, which seems a shame as they were having a real party in there.

My one criticism of this stadium would be the distance the stands were from the action. I'm starting to get used to the whole running track thing in Korea, but this place, it really did seem like miles from the pitch. Otherwise, really beautiful and interesting stadium. Liked Jinju too. Cool little fortress in the centre which is especially beautiful all lit up at night and is still open late so you can have a stroll round. It also has a very sad history behind it which is detailed in the museum. That is only open during the day.

There was a Family Mart built into the stadium with booze. No idea re public transport, we drove. There is plenty of parking across from the stadium though.

eujin
K-League Classic champion
K-League Classic champion

Re: Gyeongnam FC - Jinju Stadium

Postby eujin » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:54 pm

Is the grass bank getting enough sunlight to remain a grass bank? It looks like it's right under the roof, which never works well. But pretty cool stadium with the glass as well (is it glass?). Something like that was missing at Incheon when the wind whipped through. I also liked Jinju a lot.

just because
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby just because » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:02 pm

eujin wrote:Is the grass bank getting enough sunlight to remain a grass bank? It looks like it's right under the roof, which never works well. But pretty cool stadium with the glass as well (is it glass?). Something like that was missing at Incheon when the wind whipped through. I also liked Jinju a lot.

The stadium is extremely underutilized so I dont think they have to worry about people walking on the gress...usually dies off in about a month anyway once it gets too cold.

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:05 am

Gyeongnam v FC Seoul, Sunday 30th October 2011, 3pm
Trail of the Lion King
http://trailofthelionking.com/2011/11/0 ... -2011-3pm/

Return to “Travel & club guides”