K3 - Pocheon

Got a question? Find the answer or ask it in here!
Piggy
Sojued-up touchline ajosshi

K3 - Pocheon

Postby Piggy » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:41 am

Has anyone been and can offer any useful information?

Also, I'd be grateful if someone who can read Korean could have a quick look at their website or the KFA website and confirm that they do have an FA Cup game this Sunday at 2pm. Thanks very much.

Sampo
National League champion
National League champion

Re: K3 - Pocheon

Postby Sampo » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:23 pm

Yeah, it looks to be Sunday, the 10th, at 2PM at the city stadium. Playing against Dongguk University.

Piggy

Postby Piggy » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:17 pm

Thanks very much Sampo. Hopefully they wont switch it to someones back garden between now and then.

Cyclops
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Cyclops » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:13 pm

Allow at least 2 hours longer than you expect it will take you to get there. Despite claiming to be in Gyeonggi-do it's a long way. I think we went there by bus from Uijeongbu station but I think you can also go there from Gangnam Terminal. If you need specific route info/timetables checked out then post here and I'll get onto it.

Rothesay Saint
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby Rothesay Saint » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:17 am

I have been there but not sure I can offer any useful information, other than it is very nice and I got the bus up from Dongseoul Bus Terminal. Have fun! :-)
Bring back King Cha.

Sampo
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Sampo » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:04 am

I'm debating about driving out to this game or to Ansan to see the church going team. I think Ansan plays in a fairly nice stadium (WA~?)

anyone have any thoughts about which ground is more worth the three hour drive? :smt109

Piggy

Postby Piggy » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:32 am

I'd noticed that some of the journeys did look a bit torturous Cyclops. When I'd googled Seoul to Pocheon most of the best info came from people who had been to Herb Island (didn't he play the trumpet?) or the National Tree Arboretum, both of which I'd have been quite happy to visit for a pre-match wander around. They all seemed to have travelled via Uijeongbu.

My current plan is to follow Rothesay Saints advice and go direct from Dong Seoul, as early as my alcohol consumption at the previous evenings baseball game will allow, then hopefully pick up some information once there on whether it's feasible to visit either of those attractions pre-match. Thanks for the offer of route help. If you know of the bus times from Dong Seoul on Sunday morning then that would be very helpful thanks.

If you do choose Pocheon, Sampo, I'll do my best to seek you out in what will undoubtedly be a capacity crowd.

Rothesay Saint
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby Rothesay Saint » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:25 pm

Buses to Pocheon are very regular from Dongseoul, looks like there are at least a couple an hour, it says 50 minutes to Pocheon but I remember it being well over an hour. Stadium is on the opposite side of the river from the bus station, just head up towards the town hall then a bit after that cross over the bridge and you should be able to find it.

Tough one on the Ansan / Pocheon game decision. Pocheon is a nice little ground set in a park. The Wa-dome gives you that classic N-league eperience of 200 people in a 35,000 seater stadium. Ansan must surely be further than Pocheon though from where you are at?
Bring back King Cha.

Sampo
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Sampo » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:06 am

Rothesay Saint wrote:...

Tough one on the Ansan / Pocheon game decision. Pocheon is a nice little ground set in a park. The Wa-dome gives you that classic N-league eperience of 200 people in a 35,000 seater stadium. Ansan must surely be further than Pocheon though from where you are at?

According to the internet map people, Ansan is an hour longer away than Pocheon, so nothing too great but I do think I will make it it to see mighty Pocheon defend the honor of the K3 league!

Sampo
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Sampo » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:48 pm

Yikes, I didn't think it was going to take four and a half hours to get there, but it did. The drive back was easier, no silly Seoulite weekenders to mess me up.

Cyclops
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Cyclops » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:40 am

The curse of Pocheon continues! Anyone who manages to get there in a sensible time can post here and be the first one to gloat. Did you get to see most of the game stilll?

Sampo
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Sampo » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:21 am

yeah, I got in a little before the first half ended. The lot was pretty full on account of a women's badminton event in the neighboring gym but thankfully there was a food stand. :smt007

Also, all the restrooms in the stadium were locked. :smt099

Piggy

Postby Piggy » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:32 pm

The choice of taking the bus from Dong Seoul worked well for me. I got there in an hour and had a wander around a market by the river before the game. Once at the ground I was given free coffee by some random Pocheon bloke.

It wasn't quite as easy on the way back as the bus to Dong Seoul also stopped at about six other places first, so the hour became an hour and forty minutes. Good game though, the students should have put it beyond Pocheon's reach in the second half before the Pocheon injury time frenzy of two goals plus a further one disallowed.
Last edited by Piggy on Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:40 pm

Free coffee but no toilets! I love South Korean lower-league football. :smt117

paquebot
National League champion
National League champion

Postby paquebot » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:08 pm

Cyclops wrote:The curse of Pocheon continues! Anyone who manages to get there in a sensible time can post here and be the first one to gloat.

I don't think it took me very long to get there to see Pocheon knocked out by Dongkuk University last season. Then again, I also live in Uijeongbu. Does this mean I'm not allowed to gloat?
In Yangju, if your cabbage doesn't understand you and you have valid reason for not eating it, then it is ok to go to other vegetables for your kimchi - though strictly nothing from south of Namyangju. -- Martyrs Forever

Return to “Travel & club guides”