K3 - Cheonan FC (Cheonan Football Center)

Got a question? Find the answer or ask it in here!

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Re: K3 - Cheonan FC (Cheonan Football Center)

Postby MipoFanatic » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:24 pm

Am I correct in thinking that the Cheonan Football Center's main pitch is the only football-specific (i.e. no running track), grass pitch in use in Korea's second and third divisions?

sjc_three
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby sjc_three » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:44 pm

MipoFanatic wrote:Am I correct in thinking that the Cheonan Football Center's main pitch is the only football-specific (i.e. no running track), grass pitch in use in Korea's second and third divisions?

Sorry, only just seen this, Mipo. No, that's not right. Both Changwon City and Yongin have no running track - that's all I can think of off the top of my head, but I would've thought there will be others. Oh yes, Yangju in K3 was also pitchside as well, I think.

Anyway, a question of my own. This is the same stadium as Cheonan City play at, right? I've seen that BTC's game with Cheonan is scheduled for the same day at Cheonan FC's match. Kick offs are not listed for the K3 yet, but doesn't anyone know if they normally just run this as a double header there, on the same pitch?
Last edited by sjc_three on Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paquebot
National League champion
National League champion

Postby paquebot » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:10 pm

sjc_three wrote:
MipoFanatic wrote:Am I correct in thinking that the Cheonan Football Center's main pitch is the only football-specific (i.e. no running track), grass pitch in use in Korea's second and third divisions?
Oh yes, Yangju in K3 was also pitchside as well, I think.

Yangju has a very modest running track but uses astro-turf rather than grass. I'd guess that the track takes up as much space as they've left around the pitch in Cheonan though, so it's not like it makes much of a difference.
In Yangju, if your cabbage doesn't understand you and you have valid reason for not eating it, then it is ok to go to other vegetables for your kimchi - though strictly nothing from south of Namyangju. -- Martyrs Forever

Cyclops
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Cyclops » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:47 pm

sjcthree - According to the N-League and KFA (K3 section) web sites, both games kick off at 3pm at the Cheonan football centre, so presumably are on different pitches. A unique opportunity if you can find a suitable vantage point! There are 2 main grass pitches where you can easily watch both games at once, but K3 Cheonan sometimes play on one of the astroturf pitches which is harder to see...

Mipo - There are a couple of K3 grounds with no track - Gwangju & Nowon, plus I think Jeonju & Seoul Martyrs might have a 100m track or something down one side but not a proper one. Have been some others in the past like Eunpyeong Hospital and Sinwoo Electronics...

sjc_three
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby sjc_three » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:59 am

Cyclops wrote:sjcthree - According to the N-League and KFA (K3 section) web sites, both games kick off at 3pm at the Cheonan football centre, so presumably are on different pitches. A unique opportunity if you can find a suitable vantage point! There are 2 main grass pitches where you can easily watch both games at once, but K3 Cheonan sometimes play on one of the astroturf pitches which is harder to see.

Cheers Stu. Unique opportunity or not, a double header would have been infinitely more preferable to them playing at the same time, especially given it's Gyeongju, who I have something of a soft spot for. Seems rather daft for them not to arrange it like that, given if people have bothered to come down to watch one team, inevitably there will be a few that would be happy enough to hang around for the other. But, then again, in the grander scheme of daft ideas in Korean football, it hardly registers on the scale at all, I suppose.
Last edited by sjc_three on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Piggy
Sojued-up touchline ajosshi
Sojued-up touchline ajosshi

Postby Piggy » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:00 am

This one is definitely on my list.

I'm going to make a sort of blinker thing that I can attach to my nose to help my eyes work independently of each other and then find a vantage point where I can watch both games. It'll be like having one of those middleish seats at the Crucible for the early rounds of the snooker before they take the divider away.

I'll take it off at half time and have a drink with the Busan boys though.

sjc_three
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby sjc_three » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:00 pm

Piggy wrote:This one is definitely on my list.

I'm going to make a sort of blinker thing that I can attach to my nose to help my eyes work independently of each other and then find a vantage point where I can watch both games. It'll be like having one of those middleish seats at the Crucible for the early rounds of the snooker before they take the divider away.

I'll take it off at half time and have a drink with the Busan boys though.

That's splendid news! Look forward to seeing you there. 2 more ticked off for your 48 too! If there's just an evening kick off somewhere nearby, you might even be able to do 3!

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:21 am

Cheonan FC v Gyeongju Citizen, Saturday 14th April 2012, 3pm
Trail of the Lion King
http://trailofthelionking.com/2012/04/2 ... -2012-3pm/

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:24 am

(Sorry, HJ - any chance you could merge this thread into Piggy's earlierthread... but perhaps give his thread title more detail, like this thread? Ta.)

Return to “Travel & club guides”