K2 - Yongin City

Got a question? Find the answer or ask it in here!
Piggy
Sojued-up touchline ajosshi

K2 - Yongin City

Postby Piggy » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:54 pm

I'm hoping to go to the Yongin City game against Ulsan on the 28th Aug, hopefully following it up with the Seongnam v Jeonbuk game later that day. If I get the Bundang line to say, Bojeong or Jukjeon, will that take me anywhere near to their ground? I understand that the best stop for Seongnam is Yatap, any idea if its feasible to get from the Yongin game that will finish near to 5pm in time for the 7pm Seongnam v Jeonbuk kick off?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

anamerican
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Re: K2 - Yongin City

Postby anamerican » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:57 pm

::EDIT, Corrections::
This is the location of the stadium in downtown YongIn, K3 seems to play here according to others.

This is the place where K2 YongIn City play.

YongIn is building a Sports Park. LOCATED HERE I posted some pictures in another thread.
Last edited by anamerican on Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AnAmerican
Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

anamerican
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby anamerican » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:58 pm

If you drove your own car...you might be able to make it. But I'm guessing with public transportation...you'll have a hard time.
AnAmerican
Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Rothesay Saint
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby Rothesay Saint » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:09 pm

Piggy wrote:I'm hoping to go to the Yongin City game against Ulsan on the 28th Aug, hopefully following it up with the Seongnam v Jeonbuk game later that day. If I get the Bundang line to say, Bojeong or Jukjeon, will that take me anywhere near to their ground? I understand that the best stop for Seongnam is Yatap, any idea if its feasible to get from the Yongin game that will finish near to 5pm in time for the 7pm Seongnam v Jeonbuk kick off?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

At the start of the season the national league team Yongin City were playing at the soccer complex out of town and the K3 side were playing at the stadium, don't know if anything has changed since then.

If Yongin were playing at Yongin stadium (in the centre of Yongin) then getting to both games would be definitely doable. However I assume it is at the new soccer complex (about 15km out of town) your only chance I think would be to get a taxi to pick you up and take you back to the centre of Yongin after the game and that would cost about 15-20,000 won and would still leave you in a bit of a rush. I wouldn't recommend it unless you desperately want to see both games.
Bring back King Cha.

Cyclops
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Cyclops » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:09 pm

According to the National League site's fixtures page the game is a 5pm kick off at Yongin football centre. If you left the Yongin game at half time in a taxi you'd probably catch the latter stages of the Seongnam game!

Yongin football centre was the hardest ground to find and get to of any I've been to in Korea. I strongly suggest you don't attempt any other matches the same day! If you do decide to go then post here again and I'll post the horrific directions by public transport.

Piggy

Postby Piggy » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:26 am

Thanks for all that advice. It seems I was being a little optimistic trying to see two games in the same day. I'll just settle for the Seongnam game this time and I'll save Yongin for later in the season

sjc_three
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby sjc_three » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:58 am

I'm trying to find this place on google maps. Planning on driving there this weekend. If anyone could help, that would be great.

(When I type Yongin City FC into it, there is a suggestion for it as "F" on the map. Is this the right stadium?)

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:34 pm

Might help if you tell them which map you're using: Daum? Naver? Google?

sjc_three
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby sjc_three » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:55 pm

MipoFanatic wrote:Might help if you tell them which map you're using: Daum? Naver? Google?

Er... Its in the first line (8th word). ;-)
But to be honest, any map would do. I just want to be sure where it is and I'll plot the route myself.

anamerican
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby anamerican » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:33 pm

sjc_three wrote:
MipoFanatic wrote:Might help if you tell them which map you're using: Daum? Naver? Google?

Er... Its in the first line (8th word). ;-)
But to be honest, any map would do. I just want to be sure where it is and I'll plot the route myself.

In my post above, there are links to maps. The map there will help.

http://local.daum.net/map/index.jsp?urlX=570468&urlY=1014841&urlLevel=3&map_type=TYPE_SKYVIEW&map_hybrid=true&q=%BF%EB%C0%CE
AnAmerican

sjc_three
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby sjc_three » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:14 pm

anamerican wrote:In my post above, there are links to maps. The map there will help.

http://local.daum.net/map/index.jsp?urlX=570468&urlY=1014841&urlLevel=3&map_type=TYPE_SKYVIEW&map_hybrid=true&q=%BF%EB%C0%CE

Jesus, is that really it? It doesn't seem to have any sort of stand there!

anamerican
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby anamerican » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:56 pm

sjc_three wrote:
anamerican wrote:In my post above, there are links to maps. The map there will help.

Jesus, is that really it? It doesn't seem to have any sort of stand there!

That's it. It's in the middle of no where. And there aren't any stands, because they don't have anyone to sit in them. Also, with Yongin's new stadium under construction, you have to wonder if Yongin will start a K League team after it's built. (stupid track)
AnAmerican

Rothesay Saint
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby Rothesay Saint » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:59 pm

There is a stand, if you look really hard I think these orange things in the background may be seats, though you probably need to be a VIP to get one of them.

There is some sort of footballing museum there as well which you can see in the background, no idea what's in it or when it is open but if you don't get too lost and have time before the game you might want to check it out.

Bring back King Cha.

Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion
K-League Classic champion

Postby Holyjoe » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:31 pm

Rothesay Saint wrote:Image

Looks like they've taken some of the bits rippped off the Munhak by the recent typhoon and built a mini stand roof with them...

anamerican
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby anamerican » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:04 pm

Sure is fantastic Yongin City FC isn't in the National League final. Where would "all" the VIP's go? hahaha They probably couldn't move to downtown Yongin because it's not grass if I remember correctly.
AnAmerican

Return to “Travel & club guides”