K-League - Incheon United - Incheon Football Stadium

Got a question? Find the answer or ask it in here!
User avatar
mustoe02
National League champion
National League champion
Posts: 1382
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:24 am

Re: Incheon United's New Stadium (under construction)

Postby mustoe02 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:46 pm

It ought to be the best football stadium in Korea, although it looks like they've managed to retain the "windy" feel of Munhak. At least they remembered it rains in Korea during the footy season and put a roof on.


Just because it should be the best doesn't mean ist's bound to turn out that way, so I maintain my impressedness...unless it turns out to be an elaborate cardboard cutout on closer inspection.

User avatar
anamerican
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender
Posts: 3058
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:14 pm
Location: 성남 탄천 종합운동장

Re: Incheon United's New Stadium (under construction)

Postby anamerican » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:45 pm

I think the place should quickly become the home of all national league teams, except the seniors who will continue to play in Seoul World Cup Stadium.
AnAmerican
Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

User avatar
eujin
K-League Classic champion
K-League Classic champion
Posts: 5138
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:04 pm
Location: Hanover, Germany

Re: Incheon United's New Stadium (under construction)

Postby eujin » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:31 pm

anamerican wrote:I think the place should quickly become the home of all national league teams, except the seniors who will continue to play in Seoul World Cup Stadium.

I think you mean "national teams", unless you think Incheon Korail's over-50's should play at Sangam.

User avatar
Evergreen
National League champion
National League champion
Posts: 1750
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: Sejong City
Contact:

Re: Incheon United's New Stadium (under construction)

Postby Evergreen » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:48 pm

eujin wrote:
anamerican wrote:I think the place should quickly become the home of all national league teams, except the seniors who will continue to play in Seoul World Cup Stadium.

I think you mean "national teams", unless you think Incheon Korail's over-50's should play at Sangam.


:lol: :lol: :lol:
Image

User avatar
Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion
K-League Classic champion
Posts: 11623
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Incheon United's New Stadium (under construction)

Postby Holyjoe » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:27 pm

Holyjoe wrote:Incheon have invited North Korean side April 25 to play them in a friendly match to officially open the new stadium on March 1st 2012 - stick that date in your diary anamerican (though they might not confirm until February 29th).


This game is probably not going to happen on March 1st.. they're still in discussions with April 25 folk (Incheon's U14 side is in Kunming just now in a tournament that April 25's youth side is playing in, the North Koreans refused to play against United today apparently) but they don't seem to want to come over in March and if they do indeed play a game at the Sungeui it's more likely to be in April or May.

Roarchild
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Songtan
Contact:

Re: Incheon United's New Stadium (under construction)

Postby Roarchild » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:29 am

Suwonesque wrote:Incheon United's New Stadium (under construction) became how to improve K-League attendance.

Couple of problems in K-League:
- No proper stars in most of the teams that fans may attach themselves to the club. Players change teams in every 2 years.
- Foreign leagues, especially EPL, is so strong & so exciting that fans expect how competitive/exciting the real football matches should be. Even the players admire the foreign leagues, and try to join them if there is a possibility.
- Running track in some of the stadiums. If I were in Incheon, i would never support them in Munhak. It just kills the excitement.
- No proper marketing. Before Seoul game, the marketing was so great in Suwon. We could see the BIG Match coming up from every corner and from every bus stop. I wonder why they don't advertise the other matches in a same way. Is it too costly?

This year Suwon started sending SMS to the fans about up-coming matches and the match results. They keep everyone's phone number when the fans fill-out score prediction sheet. I think it is a big step. They start using social networking tools like Twitter, MeeToday and Facebook and keep informing the current news. They tweet live matches, so there is a progress in Suwon.


The amount of coverage the K league gets is pretty poor ... not just compared to baseball but basketball and volley ball (both mens and womens).

This is a nation with a million cable channels including at least 2 for 24 hour badak and yet there are K league games that are not broadcasted.

A lot of the revenue for K league teams comes from outside football from either the Chaebels or Government so fans aren't as important to the teams. And it often shows in the way clubs are run.
But without that income I guess tickets would be more expensive and there would be a mass exodus of players as wages dropped.


Japan had similar problems but the J league has moved past that so there is still hope.

User avatar
anamerican
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender
Posts: 3058
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:14 pm
Location: 성남 탄천 종합운동장

Re: Incheon United's New Stadium (under construction)

Postby anamerican » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:21 pm

Roarchild wrote:
Suwonesque wrote:Incheon United's New Stadium (under construction) became how to improve K-League attendance.

Couple of problems in K-League:
- No proper stars in most of the teams that fans may attach themselves to the club. Players change teams in every 2 years.
- Foreign leagues, especially EPL, is so strong & so exciting that fans expect how competitive/exciting the real football matches should be. Even the players admire the foreign leagues, and try to join them if there is a possibility.
- Running track in some of the stadiums. If I were in Incheon, i would never support them in Munhak. It just kills the excitement.
- No proper marketing. Before Seoul game, the marketing was so great in Suwon. We could see the BIG Match coming up from every corner and from every bus stop. I wonder why they don't advertise the other matches in a same way. Is it too costly?

This year Suwon started sending SMS to the fans about up-coming matches and the match results. They keep everyone's phone number when the fans fill-out score prediction sheet. I think it is a big step. They start using social networking tools like Twitter, MeeToday and Facebook and keep informing the current news. They tweet live matches, so there is a progress in Suwon.


The amount of coverage the K league gets is pretty poor ... not just compared to baseball but basketball and volley ball (both mens and womens).

This is a nation with a million cable channels including at least 2 for 24 hour badak and yet there are K league games that are not broadcasted.

A lot of the revenue for K league teams comes from outside football from either the Chaebels or Government so fans aren't as important to the teams. And it often shows in the way clubs are run.
But without that income I guess tickets would be more expensive and there would be a mass exodus of players as wages dropped.


Japan had similar problems but the J league has moved past that so there is still hope.


Look, one 24 hour K League cable channel would be awesome.

Also, the future K League cable channel would have hundreds of channel competing against it, correct? Would such a channel get decent views? I suspect not. Why? Even now, fans don't seem to care what's happening in Daegu when their in Incheon watching the home team play Jeju. I suspect a K League channel would need fans who love the whole league and want to know what's going on league wide. There just aren't that many fans out there right now for that.

I've argued the K League needs a DMB station or two. Look, there are only like 12 DMB stations NOW!! If one were K League matches, that would potentially reach a wider audience.
AnAmerican
Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Roarchild
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Songtan
Contact:

Re: Incheon United's New Stadium (under construction)

Postby Roarchild » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:05 am

anamerican wrote:
Look, one 24 hour K League cable channel would be awesome.

Also, the future K League cable channel would have hundreds of channel competing against it, correct? Would such a channel get decent views? I suspect not. Why? Even now, fans don't seem to care what's happening in Daegu when their in Incheon watching the home team play Jeju. I suspect a K League channel would need fans who love the whole league and want to know what's going on league wide. There just aren't that many fans out there right now for that.

I've argued the K League needs a DMB station or two. Look, there are only like 12 DMB stations NOW!! If one were K League matches, that would potentially reach a wider audience.


I wouldn't advocate a 24 hour channel just for K league, I just find it amazing that considering what does get on TV that K league games can go without being broad casted by at least someone.

In Australia every A league game is shown on pay tv (admittedly only 5 a week and time zones mean they don't clash time wise) and the audience is only around 60k and the pay TV company is happy with that.

Initially I don't think there would be a lot of interest in other teams but it allows you to watch your team when they are playing away (most fans don't travel). It would grow over time as the players get more exposure and certain event games would probably grab general football fans (Suwon vs Seoul, Park ji Sungs first game in the K league).

However often old media is harder to crack so I am with you on the DMB station idea. Ideally you would do everything (pay, Free to Air, DMB, Radio) but the DMB just strikes me a s areal winner because it feels like football has a younger demographic than baseball. Not that age matters as my mother in law watches TV on her phone when she visits us (niece and nephew hog our TV).

User avatar
willamangiro
Sojued-up touchline ajosshi
Sojued-up touchline ajosshi
Posts: 339
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:29 am
Location: Uijeongbu, South Korea
Contact:

Re: Incheon United's New Stadium (under construction)

Postby willamangiro » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:00 pm

Talking of k-league on the TV, I havnt bothered to get a TV for my flat this year; seemed a bit pointless when I download everything and watch them on my monitor! But then it occured to me that coverage of the kleague games may be hard to find. Can you watch channels like SBS ESPN over the internet? Or is there a spocast stream for most tv games anyway?

I must say, although i'll be paying closer attention this year, the korean matches dont make a great spectacle on tv, do they? It reminds me of when I was young watching Barnet. In one game we beat Blackpool 7-0. In my mind we'd had about 50 chances in the game. Then I watched a video of the match, and discovered that most of these 'chances' were simply crosses into the box that looked far better from my position in the stadium then they actually were!
When football is good (like the EPL) then its very much suited for tv. But when its bad (and we've got to face facts, the k league is simply dire at times!) then tv isnt a great medium for it. I imagine seeing empty stadiums does little to impress people either.

I think there needs to be a new rule in the k-league, where the chaebols get together and create a centralised 'star player' fund. Each team gets an equal amount to spend on a player that must be a 'big name'; someone like Pires, Crespo etc who is past their best but still good enough for the kleague. Then you'd see tv coverage grow, interest grow, and ultimately attendances grow. But thats not going to happen unless the k league can take an element of the 'EPL experience' and sell it to the people of korea.
http://www.kleaguefootball.com ; The unofficial English language home of Korean K-League football. Articles, News and Podcast. Follow on twitter or facebook at http://www.twitter.com/kleaguefootball or http://www.facebook.com/kleaguefootball

User avatar
anamerican
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender
Posts: 3058
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:14 pm
Location: 성남 탄천 종합운동장

Re: Incheon United's New Stadium (under construction)

Postby anamerican » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:34 pm

willamangiro wrote:Talking of k-league on the TV, I havnt bothered to get a TV for my flat this year; seemed a bit pointless when I download everything and watch them on my monitor! But then it occured to me that coverage of the kleague games may be hard to find. Can you watch channels like SBS ESPN over the internet? Or is there a spocast stream for most tv games anyway?

I must say, although i'll be paying closer attention this year, the korean matches dont make a great spectacle on tv, do they? It reminds me of when I was young watching Barnet. In one game we beat Blackpool 7-0. In my mind we'd had about 50 chances in the game. Then I watched a video of the match, and discovered that most of these 'chances' were simply crosses into the box that looked far better from my position in the stadium then they actually were!
When football is good (like the EPL) then its very much suited for tv. But when its bad (and we've got to face facts, the k league is simply dire at times!) then tv isnt a great medium for it. I imagine seeing empty stadiums does little to impress people either.

I think there needs to be a new rule in the k-league, where the chaebols get together and create a centralised 'star player' fund. Each team gets an equal amount to spend on a player that must be a 'big name'; someone like Pires, Crespo etc who is past their best but still good enough for the kleague. Then you'd see tv coverage grow, interest grow, and ultimately attendances grow. But thats not going to happen unless the k league can take an element of the 'EPL experience' and sell it to the people of korea.


Since your IN Korea, you'll be able to watch all the matches for free on www.Afreeca.com unless I'm completely WRONG.
AnAmerican
Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

User avatar
just because
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2
Posts: 2902
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:57 pm
Location: Changwon

Re: Incheon United's New Stadium (under construction)

Postby just because » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:48 pm

anamerican wrote:Since your IN Korea, you'll be able to watch all the matches for free on http://www.Afreeca.com unless I'm completely WRONG.

Yep...thats how I watch 90% of away Gyeongnam games that I dont go to...

User avatar
daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion
Posts: 1715
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:28 pm
Location: Seoul
Contact:

Re: Incheon United's New Stadium (under construction)

Postby daeguowl » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:03 pm

The TBS tv iphone application showed all fc seoul matches live last year

User avatar
anamerican
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender
Posts: 3058
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:14 pm
Location: 성남 탄천 종합운동장

Re: Incheon United's New Stadium (under construction)

Postby anamerican » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:35 am

daeguowl wrote:The TBS tv iphone application showed all fc seoul matches live last year


I didn't know about that IPhone app, but TBS did seem to follow Seoul all last year. Will they do it again this year? I think it's awesome local TV stations follow local teams around. Doesn't a Suwon TV station do the same or similar to the Bluewings. I thought a Daejeon TV station followed the Citizens around.
AnAmerican
Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

User avatar
willamangiro
Sojued-up touchline ajosshi
Sojued-up touchline ajosshi
Posts: 339
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:29 am
Location: Uijeongbu, South Korea
Contact:

Re: Incheon United's New Stadium (under construction)

Postby willamangiro » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:12 am

anamerican wrote:
daeguowl wrote:The TBS tv iphone application showed all fc seoul matches live last year


I didn't know about that IPhone app, but TBS did seem to follow Seoul all last year. Will they do it again this year? I think it's awesome local TV stations follow local teams around. Doesn't a Suwon TV station do the same or similar to the Bluewings. I thought a Daejeon TV station followed the Citizens around.


Completely agree, id love to see this much local coverage in England; get people backing their local club rather than man utd or chelsea. I know theres a danger that it could wipe out 'away culture' at lower league level, but I think in this day and age with internet tv etc supporters should be able to see their team televised if they wish. Aberdeen and Hibs run a service online where people outside the country can watch any televised match (whatever network its on) through their website. I think we could see this idea developed in the next few years. Id propose a subscription service for each club. If you live in the country you can see every away game for your club on a pay per game basis. If you're outside the country then you can watch every match under the same system.

Maybe being a football-starved Barnet supporter is driving my desire for this somewhat.... :wink: :lol: :-D
http://www.kleaguefootball.com ; The unofficial English language home of Korean K-League football. Articles, News and Podcast. Follow on twitter or facebook at http://www.twitter.com/kleaguefootball or http://www.facebook.com/kleaguefootball

Roarchild
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Songtan
Contact:

Re: Incheon United's New Stadium (under construction)

Postby Roarchild » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:48 am

daeguowl wrote:The TBS tv iphone application showed all fc seoul matches live last year


Cheers, just downloaded it :)


Return to “Travel & club guides”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest