K-league - Gyeongnam FC - Changwon Soccer center

Got a question? Find the answer or ask it in here!
just because
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

K-league - Gyeongnam FC - Changwon Soccer center

Postby just because » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:56 pm

Since the team ahs moved it might be time for an update as it is in a completely different part of the city

Gyeongnam FC

City: Changwon (occasionally Masan, Milyang or Yangsan)
Stadium: Changwon Soccer center
Capacity: 16 000 (approx)
Formed: 2005
Division: K-league
Honours: zero

How To Get There
From Changwon Bus terminal
Taxi: About a 15-20 min taxi ride, about 8- 10 000 won.
Walk: Forget about that..would take about 2 hours.
Bus: A few, off the top of my head buses 101, 110, 111, 114 and stop near the stadium (about a 5 minute walk) at the law court. take about 30 minutes.

From Changwon train station
Taxi: at least 20 minutes and 10 000 won.
Walk: No way
Bus: 110, 111, 114, 122 stop near the stadium at the law court. take about 40 minutes.

Ticket Prices
Adult 10 000 won
Children 5000 won

Beer & Food
A few food stalls INSIDE the stadium selling the usual Korean fare. Not much outside the ground as it is set in a residential area.

Also often the have a FREE Hite beer tent outside near the entrance.

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Re: K-league - Gyeongnam FC - Changwon Soccer center

Postby MipoFanatic » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:26 am

It's a real pity that all of these nice, new stadia are out in the boonies. A shame city planners couldn't have foreseen the need for these facilities and reserved land for them decades ago when it was cheap as chips.
:cry:

just because
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby just because » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:36 am

It isn't too far away from the middle of town....just a long way from where the train and bus stations are.

anamerican
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby anamerican » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:44 pm

Does anyone know how much the new stadium cost?

( How much is Incheon's new stadium in the center of the oldest part of Incheon? )
AnAmerican
Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Piggy
Sojued-up touchline ajosshi

Postby Piggy » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:00 pm

Hi, I'm new here. I've been in Korea for a few weeks and have taken in a few matches so far. This board has been very useful to me, particularly for directions to the grounds. Thanks very much.

I've got a question. Can anyone confirm if Gyeongnam are groundsharing with Nat League Changwon City this season please? I'm heading down to Changwon this weekend and am planning on taking in the Changwon City game on the Sat evening and then the K1 game the next day. It looks as if they both play at the Soccer Center these days, but does anyone know for sure that they are both playing there this weekend?

Bit of a shame if they are as I'd rather see two different stadiums.

sjc_three
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

This little piggy went to Changwon, and this little piggy...

Postby sjc_three » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:24 pm

Greetings piggy and welcome to the board. 'Fraid it's the same stadium for both games. All Changwon City's home games are scheduled to be played in the Soccer Centre this season and according to the Gyeongnam website, the FC Seoul game is also due to be played there this time, although that isn't always the case.

Piggy

Postby Piggy » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:06 pm

Oh well, looks like two visits to the same ground.

From what I can see Gyeongnam get crowds of around 12,000. That stadium seems a perfect size for them.

Thanks for the help.

kingkenny7
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Postby kingkenny7 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:11 pm

Hm. I'm planning to down Busan at Fri night, get some sleep in Motel or Jjimjilbang and have some trip around Busan next morn, after lunch I'll head up to Changwon then watch the game.

After the game I hope to get to Daegu immediately to meet friends up. Ideas?
a Seongnam FC Fan living in Down Under.

just because
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby just because » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:28 pm

kingkenny wrote:After the game I hope to get to Daegu immediately to meet friends up. Ideas?

There is a bus from Changwon to Daegu (west) at 6:05 and 7:10
You can also catch the KTX from Changwon central (not the main station) to Daegu but not sure of the times but there must be a couple that run at night.

Waeguky
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser

Postby Waeguky » Thu May 19, 2011 9:39 pm

Thinking of hitting the game in changwon on saturday but can't be asked traveling back late or hitting another city sunday. I seem to remember that bus staions are in west of city near central station, not sure, does anyone know if any places worth eating/drinking at there or is it better to head to centre where big department stores are. You know what it's like when short of time, any rough area would help.

Also do the buses mentioned above go through centre or head diff way?

jamesedrupt
National League champion
National League champion

Postby jamesedrupt » Thu May 19, 2011 11:12 pm

Best to take the train to Changwon Junggang station and it's a 5 minute taxi ride from there to the ground.

If not bus it to Changwon bus station, there is nothing around there so head into downtown Sang nam dong.

Waeguky

Postby Waeguky » Fri May 20, 2011 9:36 am

I'll prob bus it as prefer the big seats on the deluxe buses. Plus trains from seoul tio changwon seem rarer these days

Cheers, also saw there is a KTX back to seoul at 9:30 ish but don't fancy a race from the match to make that, just motel and beer and KTX's seem to keep breaking down, bus may be quicker...

just because
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby just because » Fri May 20, 2011 10:01 am

There is an Irish pub downtown that James and I frequent very regularly and know the owner quite well. What makes it better is this is on the 3rd floor and on the 5th floor of the same building is the the Jeonwon Motel which is very decent and runs at about 50 000 won for the night.

To get there is very easy...just say to the taxi driver "International Hotel" and when he drops you off look across the road and the Irish pub and motel are directly across the lane (a good Indian restaurant called Bombay - and one VERY VERY bad one called Taj Mahal, don't get them confused if you feel like Indian they are in the same building as well). It is perhaps a 10 minute taxi ride from the stadium.

I won't be out this weekend though as my missus and I have an anniversary dinner and doing 2 away games in a week, I need to spend some wifey time I suppose. Have fun

I agree with you on the bus...I am a bigger fan of the bus than the train but did both last week. It only took 4 hours to get from Changwon to Seoul on the bus which was brilliant.

Waeguky

Postby Waeguky » Fri May 20, 2011 10:20 am

That answers a question on bus time as it says 4hr 15 mins but you always have to take those figures with a pinch of salt. Cheers on motel bar info that may make the mrs a lot happier if we have a destination and are not wandering about trying to decide on a place to drink at.

Will just ask, bus says it stops at train station is this one in far west then it continues on to terminal as bus site doesn't say which is first just that bus stops at changwonyuk.

Thanks again, hoping the rain passes by sat as was wild in seoul last night. Is there any covered stands or do i need a brolly?

sjc_three
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby sjc_three » Fri May 20, 2011 10:27 am

Waeguky wrote:That answers a question on bus time as it says 4hr 15 mins but you always have to take those figures with a pinch of salt. Cheers on motel bar info that may make the mrs a lot happier if we have a destination and are not wandering about trying to decide on a place to drink at.

Will just ask, bus says it stops at train station is this one in far west then it continues on to terminal as bus site doesn't say which is first just that bus stops at changwonyuk.

Thanks again, hoping the rain passes by sat as was wild in seoul last night. Is there any covered stands or do i need a brolly?

Main stand is covered.

Return to “Travel & club guides”