National League - Suwon City

Got a question? Find the answer or ask it in here!
Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion

Re: National League - Suwon City

Postby Holyjoe » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:50 pm

I think they were repainted prior to the U17 World Cup a few years back.. I seem to recall they had some sort of dull design on them previously but can't quite think what. I have photos from when Suwon Bluewings were dumped out the FA Cup at that venue to some students in Kim Ho's last match in charge of the side, but I can't find them at the moment.

sjc_three
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby sjc_three » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:58 pm

Can't top the beautiful now laden photo showing off the aforementioned floodlights, but here's the sun setting over the stadium on Saturday night, plus one of one of the floodlights.

Piggy
Sojued-up touchline ajosshi

Postby Piggy » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:40 pm

I'm going to try and get to the National League play-off final second leg on friday night. I doubt I'll get there for kick-off but if I get there before the second half starts I'll be quite happy.

My plan is to get the subway from Yeoksam to Sadang and then get the bus from Sadang to Suwon. I did this for the Bluewings game last week and it was easy enough. My question (it was a long time coming I know) relates to the buses. I got the 7001 last time, getting off when I saw the Bluewings stadium. Does anyone know if this one will pass the Suwon City ground and if so, is it before or after the Bluewings stadium? Am I likely to see the stadium from the bus or do I just need to get off on a hunch?

Also. if anyone knows of any other bus numbers that I could get from Sadang to near the Suwon City stadium I'd be very grateful.

Cyclops
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Cyclops » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:53 pm

Just done a quick search on map.naver.com

It lists 8387 or 7770 as the buses to get. Neither seem to pass the WC stadium en route.

Hope that helps.

Piggy

Postby Piggy » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:01 pm

Thats a big help, thanks very much. I seem to remember seeing 7770 at the same set of stops as 7001. Hopefully I'll notice the other one too.

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:39 pm

You can also get the 3000 (if memory serves me correctly) from Gangnam station and that runs right by the Suwon sports complex where Suwon City will play. You should be able to see the complex from the bus as there's a baseball ground, several indoor gymnasiums and also a rather cool remote control car racing track in the area.

mustoe02
National League champion
National League champion

Postby mustoe02 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:54 pm

Oh, I'm glad I saw this, I just got back from Suwon on the very bus you want.

The 7770 and the 8387 go from the same stop and have the same route. The only difference being that the 8387 only comes every hour or so, so I rarely see it. You want to get off at the Homeplus (it is mentioned on the tanoy thing), which is the one after 'Gyeonggu Ilbo, Hanil Town'. When you get there look towards the big traffic light intersection and you'll see the stadium directly opposite, over the big wide road.

I tell you what, I had assumed the game was on Saturday, but seeing as it's not and as I'm not up to much on Friday, I'll come along with you (if it's alright...). It's not everyday you get to see a cup final after all! I finish early on Fridays and can get to Sadang at about 5:30. I don't mind waiting for you there if you want. What sort of time do you reckon you'd get there?

What time's kick off?

Piggy

Postby Piggy » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:22 am

Thats sound like a plan, Mustoe. The only drawback is that I wont get to Sadang until about 6.30pm and I suspect that the kick-off will be 7pm. I can meet you in the stadium though if you dont want to hang around Sadang at the expense of missing some of the first half.

sjc_three
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby sjc_three » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:45 am

Will be interested to see what the crowd is for this, given the trophy is all but in the bag and the Bluewings season is over. Both times I've been there for Busan matches there were definitely less than a hundred there. Can they break for 3 figure mark for this crucial fixture, I wonder?

Rothesay Saint
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby Rothesay Saint » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:56 pm

sjc_three wrote:Will be interested to see what the crowd is for this, given the trophy is all but in the bag and the Bluewings season is over. Both times I've been there for Busan matches there were definitely less than a hundred there. Can they break for 3 figure mark for this crucial fixture, I wonder?

Match of this magnitude will surely deserve a load of bored City officials with thundersticks not to mention at least two busloads of middle school students and a platoon of soldiers sitting in a perfect square eating ramyeon. :albino:
Bring back King Cha.

mustoe02
National League champion
National League champion

Postby mustoe02 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:23 pm

Thats sound like a plan, Mustoe. The only drawback is that I wont get to Sadang until about 6.30pm and I suspect that the kick-off will be 7pm. I can meet you in the stadium though if you dont want to hang around Sadang at the expense of missing some of the first half.

I'm not so desperate to get there in time for kick off, I'm happy enough to get something to eat around Sadang and meet you when you get there.

Give me a ring when you get there and we can catch the bus down.

Piggy

Postby Piggy » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:58 pm

Did you get my pm Mustoe? I got the date wrong, the match is on Saturday. :D

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:49 am

Suwon Civil Stadium