K3 - Seoul Martyrs - Gangbuk Stadium

Got a question? Find the answer or ask it in here!
Piggy
Sojued-up touchline ajosshi

Re: K3 - Seoul Martyrs - Gangbuk Stadium

Postby Piggy » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:15 am

I'm thinking about going to the Seoul Martyrs game on Saturday and would appreciate a bit of assistance if thats ok. Does anyone know if they still play at the same stadium as shown on this thread?

Also, if I follow the instructions on here and get to the nearest subway, is a taxi driver likely to know where the Gangbuk Stadium is, or is there an alternative address that may be better?

Finally, can anyone confirm that it is a 5pm kickoff?

Thanks very much.

Cyclops
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Cyclops » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:20 am

They still play the the same stadium. I've only been there once and I just told the driver 강북구민운동장 and got there no problem. Taxi drivers almost always tend to know where stadiums are, although they never believe that anyone would go to one to watch a match! According to the KFA site the game is still at 5pm on Saturday, although it never hurts to double-check there (or post here to ask) the day before the game if you want to be certain. Should be ok though, Martyrs seem to always play home games at 5pm.

Piggy

Postby Piggy » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:05 am

Thanks very much Cyclops.

This forum is a great help in getting to games.

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:57 pm

Piggy, did you ever make it out there?

Here's the link to the ground on Daum Maps. It's known as "강북구민운동장" or "강북구축구연합회".

Looks like it's been converted from grass to artificial turf. An old 2009 photo from Daum Maps stored on rungmido's blog has the pitch looking brown (either dead grass or dirt). The photo currently up on Google Maps has rather bad sun reflection, but it looks like a dirt pitch. And the current Daum Maps photo (see above) has an immaculate pitch.

Photos:

There are also three photos on rungmido's stadium blog (under the K3-League section).

This website seems to have a phone number for booking the pitch... you could probably ring them and bug them to tell you upcoming fixtures. :wink:

Piggy

Postby Piggy » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:27 pm

I did, just. My taxi driver wasnt too sure about where the ground was but I got there.

I have a bit of a blog and there's some more info here...

http://trailofthelionking.wordpress.com/2010/07/14/seoul-martyrs-v-cheonan-saturday-10th-july-5pm/

It was an artificial pitch when I was there in July. Real trees surrounding it though.

sjc_three
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby sjc_three » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:03 pm

I have a bit of a blog and there's some more info here...[/quote]
Love the account of the taxi ride. We've all been there and in any city with 2 stadiums, I'm always a little worried until I get there, especially as, for me, it's the lesser of the two I am usually looking for.

Kleaguefan
Korean football wannabe
Korean football wannabe

Postby Kleaguefan » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:02 pm

I know it's not in season right now but I just moved to this area and am planning on attending Seoul Martyrs matches next season. For those who attended a Seoul Martyrs match, did you have to pay for tickets or is entrance free?

Cyclops
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Cyclops » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:45 pm

Free. It's a nice little ground.

Return to “Travel & club guides”