National League - Incheon Korail - Incheon WC Practice Pitch

Got a question? Find the answer or ask it in here!
Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion

National League - Incheon Korail - Incheon WC Practice Pitch

Postby Holyjoe » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:03 am

Incheon Korail

City: Incheon
Stadium: Incheon Munhak World Cup Stadium or adjacent practice pitch
Capacity: 50,256 (practice pitch: 5,000)
Formed: 1943
Division: National League
Honours: National League champions (2005)

How To Get There
The easiest way to get to the stadium is by subway.
  • If traveling from Seoul, take Seoul subway line 1 (dark blue line) to Bupyeong station.
  • Follow the signs to transfer to Incheon Subway Line 1.
  • Take Incheon Subway Line 1 to Munhak Sports Complex station.
  • The stadium is a five minute walk from the station exit.

If traveling to Incheon by bus from elsewhere on the peninsula, your bus will terminate at the Express Bus Terminal. This is one stop before the Munhak Sports Complex stop on the Incheon subway line or a fifteen minute walk from the stadium. The stadium is visible from the main exit of the bus station and is easy enough to walk to.

The practice pitch is located to the rear of the main sports stadium.

Ticket Prices
Entry is free to Korail matches at either venue, although it can be rather tricky to gain entry to the main Munhak stadium on matchdays as they don't bother to unlock any of the entry gates and the only way in is through the front doors. This can be located by going to the opposite side of the stadium (West Stand) from the subway station exit and following the road down into a tunnel. After a bit of poking around in some of the empty offices and cupboards, one can usually find a route through to the stands.

Beer & Food
  • There will be nothing on sale at the actual venue during a match so you'll have to bring stuff with you.
  • On days when the SK Wyverns baseball team are playing at home, the pathway from the subway station to the stadium is usually lined with ajummas selling beer and gimbap.
  • There is a branch of the Popeyes fried chicken chain on the outside of the Munhak baseball stadium, and also a small convenience store.
  • The area around the Express Bus Terminal subway station, one stop before the Munhak Sports Complex and a fifteen minute walk, has a number of chain restaurants such as McDonalds, Burger King, TGI Fridays, Subway, Pizza Hut and Bennigans as well as plenty of Korean restaurants and convenience stores. There is an E-Mart in the basement of the Shinsegye department store, which is connected to the bus terminal, should you need to buy beer in bulk. A case of beer could well see you making friends with everyone in attendance at the game and still have a few left over for the manager and referee at the end of the game.

And if you've forgotten to bring any money, there's a Sinhan Bank branch conveniently located on the outside of the Munhak football stadium.

anamerican
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Re: National League - Incheon Korail - Incheon WC Practice Pitch

Postby anamerican » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:23 am

That has got to be a first for me. A team that doesn't even bother to unlock ONE DOOR!
AnAmerican
Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sampo
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Sampo » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:44 am

anamerican wrote:That has got to be a first for me. A team that doesn't even bother to unlock ONE DOOR!

Welcome to the wonderful world of the N-League. :-D

anamerican
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby anamerican » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:58 am

I had never heard of this relegation before, but the more I think about it the more I like the idea of Korea trying it. Have the last two teams drop out and have the top two teams in N move up every year.....I don't know. I guess there's financial issues. The N teams don't have the money to compete in K league maybe and the K-league teams certainly don't want to be moved down, so I imagine it would have to be force on the teams and their owners.
AnAmerican
Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

eujin

Postby eujin » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:54 am

I have a number of photos of stadiums I'm not sure where they are. I think this is the practice pitch at incheon WC.

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Re: National League - Incheon Korail - Incheon WC Practice P

Postby MipoFanatic » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:24 am

Incheon Korail v Yesan, 3pm, Sat 27th March
Trail of the Lion King
http://trailofthelionking.com/2010/04/1 ... 7th-march/

Return to “Travel & club guides”