Stadium: Incheon Munhak World Cup Stadium or adjacent practice pitch
Capacity: 50,256 (practice pitch: 5,000)
Division: National League
Honours: National League champions (2005)
How To Get There
The easiest way to get to the stadium is by subway.
- If traveling from Seoul, take Seoul subway line 1 (dark blue line) to Bupyeong station.
- Follow the signs to transfer to Incheon Subway Line 1.
- Take Incheon Subway Line 1 to Munhak Sports Complex station.
- The stadium is a five minute walk from the station exit.
If traveling to Incheon by bus from elsewhere on the peninsula, your bus will terminate at the Express Bus Terminal. This is one stop before the Munhak Sports Complex stop on the Incheon subway line or a fifteen minute walk from the stadium. The stadium is visible from the main exit of the bus station and is easy enough to walk to.
The practice pitch is located to the rear of the main sports stadium.
Entry is free to Korail matches at either venue, although it can be rather tricky to gain entry to the main Munhak stadium on matchdays as they don't bother to unlock any of the entry gates and the only way in is through the front doors. This can be located by going to the opposite side of the stadium (West Stand) from the subway station exit and following the road down into a tunnel. After a bit of poking around in some of the empty offices and cupboards, one can usually find a route through to the stands.
Beer & Food
- There will be nothing on sale at the actual venue during a match so you'll have to bring stuff with you.
- On days when the SK Wyverns baseball team are playing at home, the pathway from the subway station to the stadium is usually lined with ajummas selling beer and gimbap.
- There is a branch of the Popeyes fried chicken chain on the outside of the Munhak baseball stadium, and also a small convenience store.
- The area around the Express Bus Terminal subway station, one stop before the Munhak Sports Complex and a fifteen minute walk, has a number of chain restaurants such as McDonalds, Burger King, TGI Fridays, Subway, Pizza Hut and Bennigans as well as plenty of Korean restaurants and convenience stores. There is an E-Mart in the basement of the Shinsegye department store, which is connected to the bus terminal, should you need to buy beer in bulk. A case of beer could well see you making friends with everyone in attendance at the game and still have a few left over for the manager and referee at the end of the game.
And if you've forgotten to bring any money, there's a Sinhan Bank branch conveniently located on the outside of the Munhak football stadium.