K League - Seongnam Ilhwa Chunma - Tancheon Stadium

Got a question? Find the answer or ask it in here!
kingkenny7
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Re: K League - Seongnam Ilhwa Chunma - Tancheon Stadium

Postby kingkenny7 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:15 pm

Gerd Bibimbapper wrote:Is it ironic, or fitting, that the stadium guide to the crappest ground in Korea should generate by far the most posts?

lol but to me, it's one of the most favourable thing of SIFC. I love that stadia.
"Classic Atmosphere" to me.
(I usually go up to W2 so have no irritate against the view ;) )
a Seongnam FC Fan living in Down Under.

nzfooty
K-League Classic champion

Postby nzfooty » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:19 pm

kingkenny, no disrespect was meant just curious. And your posts about this stadium (and everything else) are much appreciated. I was just curious. Had you said yes or no, it would not have made any difference to me to be honest.

However, trying to understand who goes (and who does not) go to Seongnam's matches.

Btw, I'm a "weak" catholic myself. Have not been to church in 16 years. LOL.

kingkenny7
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Postby kingkenny7 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:30 pm

nzfooty wrote:kingkenny, no disrespect was meant just curious. And your posts about this stadium (and everything else) are much appreciated. I was just curious. Had you said yes or no, it would not have made any difference to me to be honest.

However, trying to understand who goes (and who does not) go to Seongnam's matches.

Btw, I'm a "weak" catholic myself. Have not been to church in 16 years. LOL.

I know mate.. I said 'nae bother'.. mate ;)

Anyway, being a K-League supporter means that you could know almost everything about club. Even they(or we) know when players injured, after that match we could know how long it will takes immediately. Last wednesday, when I took the away bus which is offered by club for Daejeon game, many supporters are known with club staffs.. lol

anamerican
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby anamerican » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:48 pm

Just in case. I'll say now that I have NO moon-ee connections whatsoever. I don't even know what they teach.
AnAmerican
Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

nzfooty

Postby nzfooty » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:12 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonies

That happy looking guy below runs your club.

kingkenny7
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Postby kingkenny7 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:36 pm

anamerican wrote:Just in case. I'll say now that I have NO moon-ee connections whatsoever. I don't even know what they teach.

091007-0001.jpg

091007-0003.jpg

anyway, for ye, I took the foto of Tancheon stadia last Wednesday when I went down there to tak' away bus. It's great. I can compare it with Daejeon WC later at that day, in terms of environment around stadia, Tancheon is much better than Daejeon. All around DCFC home ground as dreary pastures.

anamerican
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby anamerican » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:31 pm

http://twitpic.com/l2yaj
http://twitpic.com/l2yfg
http://twitpic.com/l2yjw
http://twitpic.com/l2zfm

On my way to Seoul today around noon, I stopped off and took a few pictures with my sons.

I had a very good impression of the place. Minus the obvious two related failures. Track and distance from action. Standing on the field I had a very strong feeling that the fans were far away. Outside of the obvious negatives everyone talks about, I focused on my children and tried to ignore the negative aspects of the place. The place gave me a nice feeling.

Construction is almost finished. I suspect they won't play there this year. The place needs cleaning and they are putting in a new sound system that won't be finished for quite a while I imagine. The only worker I saw was working on wiring the speakers.
AnAmerican
Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Gerd Bibimbapper
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Gerd Bibimbapper » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:24 am

I can compare it with Daejeon WC later at that day, in terms of environment around stadia, Tancheon is much better than Daejeon. All around DCFC home ground as dreary pastures.

Each to his own I guess.
Personally I really like Yuseong, and Gyeryongsan's not too far away either (superb hiking and pastoral/mountain landscapes complete with Buddhist temples).

Has Daejeon WC Stadium still got the indoor swimming pool? (I swam in it a few years back)

kingkenny7
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Postby kingkenny7 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:36 am

Gerd Bibimbapper wrote:Each to his own I guess.
Personally I really like Yuseong, and Gyeryongsan's not too far away either (superb hiking and pastoral/mountain landscapes complete with Buddhist temples).

Has Daejeon WC Stadium still got the indoor swimming pool? (I swam in it a few years back)

Most of the WC stadias have it so they would still have, too.

anamerican
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby anamerican » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:23 am

I'm worried about Moran's and Tancheon's grass. The field is a mess. They need emergency repairs to the fields.
AnAmerican

kingkenny7
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Postby kingkenny7 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:05 pm

anamerican wrote:I'm worried about Moran's and Tancheon's grass. The field is a mess. They need emergency repairs to the fields.

I bet Moran's one is better than Henhouse's one.. Have you seen Suwon's recent matches? There even some sand on the pitch!

anamerican
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby anamerican » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:10 pm

kingkenny wrote:
anamerican wrote:I'm worried about Moran's and Tancheon's grass. The field is a mess. They need emergency repairs to the fields.

I bet Moran's one is better than Henhouse's one.. Have you seen Suwon's recent matches? There even some sand on the pitch!

Well we can have lousy grass because everyone else has lousy grass. That isn't a good excuse. We should have top notch grass at every stadium. The only sand should be under the grass.
AnAmerican

kingkenny7
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Postby kingkenny7 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:03 pm

anamerican wrote:Well we can have lousy grass because everyone else has lousy grass. That isn't a good excuse. We should have top notch grass at every stadium. The only sand should be under the grass.

Aye.. I thought Tancheon's grass is now ready but they don't say like that.. I think they prefer to play on that 'tough' pitch.. Tho' Kim Do-hyeon's mid-range shot would be blocked if there were no bouncy with grass!

are ye comin' tae Daegu game? then we might see at Moran ;) I'm always sit(usually stand and yell!) in front of the Korean National Flag..

Gerd Bibimbapper
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Gerd Bibimbapper » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:54 pm

Well done guys, I was starting to get worried this thread was dead after a whole week or so of inactivity. :mrgreen:

Now how do I get to Seongnam's ground again?... :lol: :lol:

anamerican
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby anamerican » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:15 pm

Gerd Bibimbapper wrote:Well done guys, I was starting to get worried this thread was dead after a whole week or so of inactivity. :mrgreen:

Now how do I get to Seongnam's ground again?... :lol: :lol:

LOL!!
AnAmerican

Return to “Travel & club guides”