Seongnam Ilhwa Chunma
City: Seongnam, Gyeonggi-do
Stadium: Tancheon Stadium
Honours: K-League champions (1993, 1994, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2006), FA Cup (1999), League Cup (1992, 2002, 2004), Korean Super Cup (2002), Asian Champions Cup (1996), Asian Super Cup (1996), A3 Champions Cup (2004)
How To Get There
The easiest way to get to the Tancheon stadium from Seoul is by subway.
- Take the Bundang line (yellow line) to Yatap station.
- Exit the station via exit 3 or 4.
- The Tancheon stadium is a ten minute walk from the subway station exit. Walk straight down the street from the subway exit until you come to the Tancheon river and you can see the venue across the bridge (or stepping stones, if you prefer).
If coming to Seongnam from elsewhere in the peninsula, your bus is likely to terminate at the Yatap Bus Terminal which is located very close to the stadium. The bus station is on the same side of the river as the subway station, and it takes approximately the same length of time along almost an identical route to get there.
Admission is 9,000 won, with discounts if for whatever reason you want to wear a yellow shirt and support the home team behind the goal.
Beer & Food
- There are stalls inside the stadium selling all the usual snacks and beer found at Korean sports stadia.
- The area around Yatap station includes a number of Korean restaurants as well as a McDonalds and Lotteria. There is a Kim's Club not far from the subway station and a Homever in the same building as the bus terminal.