K League - Jeonbuk Motors - Jeonju World Cup Stadium

Got a question? Find the answer or ask it in here!
eujin
K-League Classic champion

K League - Jeonbuk Motors - Jeonju World Cup Stadium

Postby eujin » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:22 am

Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors

City: Jeonju
Stadium: Jeonju World Cup Stadium
Capacity: 43,348
Formed: 1994
Division: K League
Honours: K-League Champions 2009; KFA Cup 2000, 2003, 2005; Korean Super Cup 2004; AFC Champions League 2006

How To Get There

The stadium is miles from the Jeonju Korail station, right on the edge of the city. A bus will take at least 40 minutes. When coming by train it can be convenient to get a bus directly to the stadium from the KTX station in Iksan. The stadium is also about 15 minutes from the Jeonju Express Bus Terminal. The stadium is right by the Jeonju IC, if coming by car.

Tickets

All stands are covered. The Jeonbuk supporters gather in the North Stand. Tickets to the North Stand cost 5,000 won (2009).

Nearby

Jeonju is famous for its Hanok village where there are lots of old-style Korean houses. It is also famous for its food, such as Jeonju Bibimbap.
Last edited by eujin on Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:46 am, edited 5 times in total.

eujin

Re: Jeonbuk

Postby eujin » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:24 am

Last edited by eujin on Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Evergreen
National League champion
National League champion

Re: Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors

Postby Evergreen » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:50 am

eujin wrote:
The stadium is miles from the Jeonju Korail station, right on the edge of the city.

Tell me about it! I walked last time.....It took over 2 hours.

Waeguky
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser

Re: K League - Jeonbuk Motors - Jeonju World Cup Stadium

Postby Waeguky » Sun May 08, 2011 3:15 pm

I 'll add for travel info, that yesterday the Express bus stops outside stadium once it leaves the expressway, before heading to terminal, 15 mins more on bus. This was a deluxe from seoul central city, they stop on way past so could probably make it there in three hours depending on traffic. Will have to get to bus terminal to return to seoul though as doesn't stop there on way out.

Suwonesque
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Postby Suwonesque » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:50 pm

I was wondering why Jeonbuk and Chunnam have two different spelling. Because of this, both sound differently in English.
In Korean, both start with ì „ - the word represents Jeolla-do.
Blue is the color!

Sampo
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Sampo » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:40 pm

Different styles in putting Korean into the Latin alphabet, I'm too lazy to look things up right now but a new style came out a while ago, and is more common, but you still see the old style from time to time.

Chunnam is the old style and Jeonbuk is using the new style. Other examples would be "Pusan" instead of the Busan we know today and Kimpo instead of Gimpo.

anamerican
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby anamerican » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:54 am

Suwonesque wrote:I was wondering why Jeonbuk and Chunnam have two different spelling. Because of this, both sound differently in English.
In Korean, both start with ì „ - the word represents Jeolla-do.

How about screwing the English and using the Korean spelling. Yesterday, a girl told me some English nickname. I said, no. Give me your "real" name.

eujin

Postby eujin » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:26 am

anamerican wrote:How about screwing the English and using the Korean spelling. Yesterday, a girl told me some English nickname. I said, no. Give me your "real" name.

And what was her name then? رملي?

anamerican
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby anamerican » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:06 pm

eujin wrote:
anamerican wrote:How about screwing the English and using the Korean spelling. Yesterday, a girl told me some English nickname. I said, no. Give me your "real" name.

And what was her name then? رملي?

Maybe it was. So what?

eujin

Postby eujin » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:09 pm

anamerican wrote:Maybe it was. So what?

A lot of people in the wider world would be completely lost if they were only ever referred to as 전북 and 전남 . I wouldn't worry about it though. Now that the Outside View is becoming a worldwide hit, Koreans will soon start demanding it be spelt 춘남 anyway, so as to reflect the pronunciation more accurately. :albino:

anamerican
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby anamerican » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:56 pm

eujin wrote:

A lot of people in the wider world would be completely lost if they were only ever referred to as 전북 and 전남 . I wouldn't worry about it though. Now that the Outside View is becoming a worldwide hit, Koreans will soon start demanding it be spelt 춘남 anyway, so as to reflect the pronunciation more accurately. :albino:

Sure, listen to the radio. Did you know it's 영산 and sometimes 양산 military base in Seoul. You'd never know by listening to the radio it was 용산.

Rothesay Saint
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby Rothesay Saint » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:32 pm

anamerican wrote:
eujin wrote:

Sure, listen to the radio. Did you know it's 영산 and sometimes 양산 military base in Seoul. You'd never know by listening to the radio it was 용산.

Course you would, round about dusk you can't move for dragons flying off the mountain in that part of town. :albino:
Bring back King Cha.

eujin

Postby eujin » Fri May 25, 2012 8:09 pm

anamerican wrote:
eujin wrote:

I'm here just to see if I recommended the bibimbap at the National Museum in Jeonju (they have a special food heritage centre there). Best bibimbap I had in Korea.

Just by the by, some of my friends in London used to get Egyptian TV via satellite. We used to watch the football they had on there, without ever knowing who was playing, even though I'm sure the commentator was always telling us and it was clearly written on the screen مصر مقابل تونس

Alex43
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Alex43 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:58 pm

eujin wrote:
anamerican wrote:
eujin wrote:

I'm here just to see if I recommended the bibimbap at the National Museum in Jeonju (they have a special food heritage centre there). Best bibimbap I had in Korea.

Just by the by, some of my friends in London used to get Egyptian TV via satellite. We used to watch the football they had on there, without ever knowing who was playing, even though I'm sure the commentator was always telling us and it was clearly written on the screen مصر مقابل تونس

Yea, there are quite a few good bibimbap places, but you dont have to go all the way to the traditional village.

I wanted to update to say there is a KTX station in Jeonju now, so it's now longer useful to take the KTX to Iksan.

A taxi from the train station might run you 8,000, a taxi from the bus station will be cheaper, at about 5,000. The problem with the stadium being on the edge of town, it's rather hard to catch a taxi from there, so best bet is to catch a bus back to center city.

Tickets have gone up to 10,000, but I think there is something with the K-League this year. Every away game I have been to, I get in free wearing a visiting jersey. They are trying to get attendance up, so JB has made a deal with other teams as well. Pretty sure for the exception of large teams, you would be able to waltz in for free to the SOUTH gate wearing your away team jersey.

If u plan on staying the night, Jeonbuk Uni has the best night life in Jeonju.

And of course, if you are coming to the stadium, ring me up before hand. 99% chance I'll be there...
well well well

FCSeoul
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Postby FCSeoul » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:25 pm

Jeonbuk with more fancy benches now. Hope Seoul and Suwon follow this too.

Return to “Travel & club guides”