K League - Ulsan Hyundai Horangi - Ulsan Munsu World Cup Stadium

Got a question? Find the answer or ask it in here!
eujin
K-League Classic champion
K-League Classic champion

K League - Ulsan Hyundai Horangi - Ulsan Munsu World Cup Stadium

Postby eujin » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:40 pm

Ulsan Hyundai Horangi

City: Ulsan
Stadium: Ulsan World Cup Stadium (also known as Munsu)
Capacity: 44,466
Formed: 1983
Division: K-League
Honours: K-League Champions 1996, 2005, Hauzen Cup Winners 2007

How To Get There

The stadium is a long way from the Ulsan Korail Station. Bus number 1137 goes from the station to the stadium and will take about 25 minutes.

The stadium is near the end of the Ulsan highway and is signposted from before the end.

Tickets

Tickets are available outside the stadium from the ticket booth which is about 100 southeast of the stadium, near the big gold sculpture. All stands are covered. The home supporters congregate in the North Stand. Tickets are 5,000 won for the North and South stands, 8,000 and 10,000 won for the East and West stands.

Food and drink

The away end did not have beer when I was there (Nov 2008). The home end had Cass.

sjc_three
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Re: K League - Ulsan Hyundai Horangi - Ulsan Munsu World Cup Sta

Postby sjc_three » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:54 pm

Couple more photos from the stadium.

sjc_three
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby sjc_three » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:58 pm

It's hard to believe all these photos are from the middle of Ulsan...but it's true. Ulsan Grand Park is well worth a visit if you are going to the city for a game.

sjc_three
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby sjc_three » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:59 pm

Holland?

Gerd Bibimbapper
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Gerd Bibimbapper » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:08 am

Thanks for posting those pix.
Brings back some great memories - pretty sure those steps in the foreground of 'Next to the stadium' are where I sat watching England v Brazil before going inside to watch USA v Germany (crap game, in truth).
Owen 1-0: Surreal!

sjc_three
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby sjc_three » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:04 pm

Ah, of course. I didn't even think of that. I was wondering what that whole area was for. That must've been great fun during the World Cup with the big screens, just waiting to go into another game yourself.

paquebot
National League champion
National League champion

Postby paquebot » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:36 pm

You mentioned the swan boats but didn't say anything about the fountain. Did they have that going while you were at the park?

Also ... I hope you didn't smoke. It's bad for the whales, I hear. :wink:

In Yangju, if your cabbage doesn't understand you and you have valid reason for not eating it, then it is ok to go to other vegetables for your kimchi - though strictly nothing from south of Namyangju. -- Martyrs Forever

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:30 am

Ah yes, the old Munsu amusement park... I mean football complex. :lol: Mipo Dockyard used to play out of Munsu's auxiliary pitch back when I was around in 2003. A nice, quaint little stand that was the perfect size for a National League stadium (although it still had a running track). I think Mipo now play at the civil stadium, where I think is closer to central Ulsan, but is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too big.

Waeguky
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser

Postby Waeguky » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:04 pm

Question:

Anyone been down to Ulsan recently, I went in the world cup and then many years ago but back then i arrived at the old main station and bused it out to stadium and back. Probably KTX it back after match but not sure of options around the stadium to get to the new Ulsan KTX station. It appears they just renamed that the ulsan station and it's east of the stadium, probable easy taxi ride but if i have a bus option would feel better as can't always depend on korean taxis especially after football matches.

Waeguky

Postby Waeguky » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:04 pm

amend KTX is to west of city,

just because
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby just because » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:39 pm

I have only ever caught a bus there and then got a taxi to the stadium so no idea on the train...the place where the bus stops when it first comes into the city (not the main bus terminal but some small bus stop, a few people will get off) is quite close to the stadium.

The problem was when the game ended there were ZERO taxis there...it was a mission getting out of there. We had to walk to an apartment complex about a kilometre away we could see and got one there. We waited for about 30 mins on the main road next to the stadium but there were very few available and a lot of people waiting for them.

sjc_three
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby sjc_three » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:02 am

There are buses into town just outside the stadium. I've used them a couple of times and they were very regular. No idea where this new KTX station is. Can't believe they wouldn't have buses there too, but don't know for sure.

Waeguky

Postby Waeguky » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:12 pm

Some Info if going to Munsu.

If heading using express buses the stop they make at the roundabout (big pyramid style statue) as you enter city off expressway is very close to stadium. Walkable just follow road turnign to right from stop and head up there or get bus 401 at stop on this road, or taxi if not british. Note you can also cross the road and directly opposite take an inter city bus back to main cities as most express buses stop here on way out. To left of shops is little booth to buy tickets, if your rushing could get ticket and stroll here after match. Don't have to head into town that way and terminal, which would save 20 mins it seems from terminal to there.

Buses to stadium If at the bus terminal, turn left out of express terminal, cross main road and go to bus stop on other side of road to lotte hotel. From here buses 401, 432, 1104, 1401, 1402 take you to munsu stadium. About 30 mins less or more depending on traffic.

Enough of selection of korean places in area opposite stadium along main road to have a meal or cheeky beer.

daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

Postby daeguowl » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:44 pm

From the new ulsan ktx station, take bus 5003 (don't hang about when you get off as buses seem to be timed with the train timetable so 5mins in the toilet will see you miss it) and get off at the first stop 굴화주공아파트 (about 15mins) From the same stop get on bus 733 and go 9 stops to 호번광장앞 (about 15 mins). This will drop you at the north end of the ground. The journey took about 45 mins including 15 mins waiting a the transfer. There is a ticket office there but despite the fact that you will be wearing a Seoul shirt and speak flawless (albeit seoul accent korean) the gormless ticket office girls will fail to comprehend that you are asking which end is for away fans.

daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

Postby daeguowl » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:24 pm

Bus 5004 also goes from the station to the university (4 stops), which then gives you a ten-15 minute walk to the ground. Annoyingly it goes straight past the ground but does not seem to stop there...

Return to “Travel & club guides”