K League - Suwon Bluewings - Suwon World Cup Stadium

Got a question? Find the answer or ask it in here!
garyli
Korean football wannabe
Korean football wannabe

Re: K League - Suwon Bluewings - Suwon World Cup Stadium

Postby garyli » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:16 pm

I will be traveling to Seoul in Feb 2015, and I want to watch the ACL match between Suwon and Urawa Red Diamond. Anybody know that will it be difficult to buy the ticket or not? (I will be in Suwon only on the match day). Thanks.

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:14 pm

garyli wrote:I will be traveling to Seoul in Feb 2015, and I want to watch the ACL match between Suwon and Urawa Red Diamond. Anybody know that will it be difficult to buy the ticket or not? (I will be in Suwon only on the match day). Thanks.

You should be able to walk up and get a ticket - don't think I've EVER known a midweek club game in Korea to sell out.
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Groundhopping: the48club.wordpress.com

SEFC: seoulelandfc.wordpress.com

48 Club Count = 47. ONE TO GO!

OttoSilver
National League champion
National League champion

Postby OttoSilver » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:36 pm

Not even the Seoul-Suwon games over weekends are complete sell-outs, I think.
There are two routes to success in football. One is being good. The other is being lucky. You need both to win a championship. But you need only one to win a match.

Korean Stadiums: http://tinyurl.com/KoreanStadiums

garyli
Korean football wannabe
Korean football wannabe

Postby garyli » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:18 pm

OttoSilver wrote:Not even the Seoul-Suwon games over weekends are complete sell-outs, I think.

SteveW wrote:
garyli wrote:I will be traveling to Seoul in Feb 2015, and I want to watch the ACL match between Suwon and Urawa Red Diamond. Anybody know that will it be difficult to buy the ticket or not? (I will be in Suwon only on the match day). Thanks.

You should be able to walk up and get a ticket - don't think I've EVER known a midweek club game in Korea to sell out.

Thank you guys~

BTW , Any suggestion for the fastest way (public transportation only, not by taxi or private vehicle ) to get to Suwon World Cup Stadium from downtown of Seoul, let's say, City Hall? Subway or bus? Is 2 hours enough?

:bounce:

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:34 pm

You can catch a subway to Suwon Station from City Hall or Seoul Station and then take a bus or taxi to the stadium from there.

Otherwise there are buses from Gangnam Station, Sadang Station, Yangjae Station which will take you past the WC stadium. I forget the numbers but they are pretty frequent. 2 hours is probably fine although that depends on traffic if you are on the bus.

If you are coming from Seoul Station I'd probably go to Sadang and take a bus from there.

There's a decent chance I will be going to the game as well so feel free to get in touch nearer the time if you need a hand or fancy a beer.
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

kleague_kilt
Korean football wannabe
Korean football wannabe

Postby kleague_kilt » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:35 pm

garyli wrote:
OttoSilver wrote:Not even the Seoul-Suwon games over weekends are complete sell-outs, I think.

SteveW wrote:

Thank you guys~

BTW , Any suggestion for the fastest way (public transportation only, not by taxi or private vehicle ) to get to Suwon World Cup Stadium from downtown of Seoul, let's say, City Hall? Subway or bus? Is 2 hours enough?

:bounce:

Best way I know is to take a bus from Sadang Stn. Goes right past the stadium and takes about 45 mins. Bus numbers 7000 or 7001.

OttoSilver
National League champion
National League champion

Postby OttoSilver » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:27 pm

There is also a bus that runs through Itaewon/Noksapyeong that stops in front of the stadium. I have a friend who lives very close to it, so I can ask her once we know where you are. Else, just go with SteveW.
There are two routes to success in football. One is being good. The other is being lucky. You need both to win a championship. But you need only one to win a match.

Korean Stadiums: http://tinyurl.com/KoreanStadiums

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:09 pm

According to Naver Map there is a 5-4 bus from City Hall to Suwon WC Stadium that takes 1hr 40.

Personally I would still take the subway to Sadang though as there's a danger of getting stuck in traffic in Seoul in the early evening.

Plus I think the 5-4 stop is a bit of a walk to the stadium - 5 or 10 minutes - so if you don't know the way you have the danger of getting lost.

garyli
Korean football wannabe
Korean football wannabe

Postby garyli » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:10 pm

SteveW wrote:.

kleague_kilt wrote::

OttoSilver wrote:.

You guys are so nice and I feel so lucky to find this forum, haha~
So probably the most recommended way is to take a subway to Sadang and then take a bus (about 45 min from Sadang to Stadium).
One more question is, normally will an ACL game be held in the afternoon or at night in Suwon?
I may come back to you for help after my traveling plan is determined. Many thanks and wish you guys a happy new year!!

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:13 pm

All ACL midweek games will kick off in the evening sometime around 7.30-8pm.

Bear in mind the subway doesn't run super late in Seoul so depending on where you are staying you might not want to hang around too much in Suwon after the game

daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

Postby daeguowl » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:31 pm

There is a bus from Myeongdong to the stadium, i think number 3007. It took us about 35 mins when we took it on a Sunday. Even with traffic i think it will be faster than taking the subway.

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:02 pm

daeguowl wrote:There is a bus from Myeongdong to the stadium, i think number 3007. It took us about 35 mins when we took it on a Sunday. Even with traffic i think it will be faster than taking the subway.

You sure?

The 3007 I'm sure is a bus that goes to Gangnam somewhere. And I'm not sure it would be physically possible to get from the centre of Seoul to Suwon in just over half an hour. It usually takes about an hour even from Gangnam.

If that's possible I'll be taking it myself next time I need to go to Suwon.

daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

Postby daeguowl » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:45 am

SteveW wrote:
daeguowl wrote:There is a bus from Myeongdong to the stadium, i think number 3007. It took us about 35 mins when we took it on a Sunday. Even with traffic i think it will be faster than taking the subway.

You sure?

The 3007 I'm sure is a bus that goes to Gangnam somewhere. And I'm not sure it would be physically possible to get from the centre of Seoul to Suwon in just over half an hour. It usually takes about an hour even from Gangnam.

If that's possible I'll be taking it myself next time I need to go to Suwon.

My bad! It's the 8800. It leaves from the cathedral end of Myeongdong, goes thru a tunnel down to Hannam 5-Junction crosses Hannam Bridge and then bombs down the Busan Highway. Our driver was a bit of a loon but we got on a bus around 10.45 and were enjoying a beer at the ground by 11.30

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:23 am

8800 sounds like code for a suicide bus... you sure you were meant to get out?

Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion
K-League Classic champion

Postby Holyjoe » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:52 pm

Banners in place to shut off the upper tiers, looks quite good:

Return to “Travel & club guides”