Index

Got a question? Find the answer or ask it in here!
nzfooty
K-League Classic champion

Index

Postby nzfooty » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:21 pm

K-League Clubs:

Busan I'Park - Busan - Busan Asiad Stadium
Chunnam Dragons - Gwangyang - Gwang-Yang Stadium
Daegu FC - Daegu - Daegu World Cup Stadium
Daejeon Citizen - Daejeon - Daejeon World Cup Stadium
FC Seoul - Seoul - Seoul World Cup Stadium
Gangwon FC - Gangneung - Gangneung Stadium
Gwangju Sangmu - Gwangju - Gwangju World Cup Stadium
Gyeongnam FC - Changwon - Changwon Civil Stadium
Incheon United - Incheon - Incheon Munhak Stadium
Jeju United FC - Seogwipo - Jeju World Cup Stadium (Jeju Sports Complex)
Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors - Jeonju - Jeonju World Cup Stadium
Pohang Steelers - Pohang - Steelyard Stadium
Seongnam Ilhwa Chunma - Seongnam - Tancheon Stadium
Suwon Bluewings - Suwon - Suwon World Cup Stadium
Ulsan Hyundai Horang-i - Ulsan - Munsu Stadium

N-League Clubs:

Ansan Hallelujah - Ansan - Ansan Wa~ Stadium
Busan Kyotong - Busan - Gudeok Stadium
Changwon City FC - Changwon - Changwon Civil Stadium
Cheonan City FC - Cheonan - Cheonan Baekseok Stadium
Daejeon HNP FC - Daejeon - Daejeon Hanbat Stadium
Gangneung City - Gangneung - Gangneung Stadium
Gimhae FC - Gimhae - Gimhae Public Stadium
Goyang Kookmin Bank - Goyang - Goyang Stadium
Hongcheon Idu FC - Hongcheon - ?
Incheon Korail - Incheon - Incheon Munhak Stadium (practice pitch)
Nowon Hummel Korea - Seoul - Madeul Stadium
Suwon City - Suwon - Suwon Civil Stadium
Ulsan Mipo Dolphins - Ulsan - Ulsan Complex Stadium
Yesan FC - Yesan - Yesan City Stadium

K3 Clubs:

Asan United - Asan - Asan "Yi Sun-sin" Sports Complex (Seonmoon University Assistance Ground)
Bucheon FC 1995 - Bucheon - Bucheon Leports Complex
Cheonan FC - Cheonan - Oryong Stadium
Cheongju Jikji - Cheongju - Cheongju Stadium
Goyang FC - Goyang - Eoulimnuri Byeolmuri ground
Gwangju Gwangsan FC - Gwangju - Honam University football pitch
Gyeongju Citizen - Gyeongju - Gyeongju Public Stadium
Icheon Citizen - Icheon - Icheon City Stadium
Jeonju EM FC - Jeonju - Jeonju University grass ground
Jeonju Ongoeul FC - Jeonju - Jeonju Stadium
Namyangju Citizen - Namyangju - Namyangju Stadium
Pocheon FC - Pocheon - Pocheon Stadium
Samcheok Shinwoo Electronics - Samcheok - ?
Seoul Martyrs FC - Seoul - Gangbuk-gu Public Stadium
Seoul United FC - Seoul - Seoul Olympic Stadium
Yangju Citizen - Yangju - ?
Yong-in FC - Yongin - Yongin Sports Complex

Other clubs:

Bongshin Club - Incheon
Daejeon de la Cuba - Daejeon
Gyeonggi Gwangju FC - Gwangju, Gyeonggi
JEI Education FC - Seoul
National Police Agency FC - Anyang - Anyang Stadium
Paju Bumwoo - Paju
Pohang City - Pohang

Other grounds:
Bibong Artificial Pitch - Sinwoo Electronics former ground

Defunct Clubs:

Anyang LG Cheetahs
Bucheon SK
Changwon United
Chonbuk Buffalo
Daegu Korea Powertrain FC
Daehan Tungsten Mining FC
Hanil Bank FC
Seoul City FC
Seoul Pabal FC
Yangzee FC

Cyclops
National League champion
National League champion

Re: Index

Postby Cyclops » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:08 pm

The threads in this section have been re-named by this system:
"League name - Team name - Stadium name"

If you start a new thread please use the same method.

I didn't realise until after I did it, but by re-naming the threads I have broken the links on this index! Apologies to nz footy, as I realise it must have taken you a while to compile and type the list.

Before I go about fixing the links, has anyone got any opinion about whether we should leave this index as it is, or restructure it somehow?

Personally I think it might be good to list clubs separately by division, as there are a lot of quite obscure teams listed (i.e. outside of the 3 main leagues, or defunct) that you need to scroll through to find the better-known teams. Also, my cynical side wonders whether anyone will actually visit the likes of Chunmasan Construction or Seongnam Bluesky and submit a ground guide, in which case should they be listed at all? No offence intended to original poster, I know I'm probably the last person who should be classifying teams as too obscure to bother with.

Please discuss.

eujin

Postby eujin » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:51 pm

Firstly, I think you should fix nzfooty's page. It's fixed now isn't it? I can't remember what it used to look like.

Secondly, I'm not sure the extra detail on the title pages is necessary. Doesn't it just clutter them up? Originally I thought we needed to rewrite the club pages (which I've never seen) that are (partially) linked to on wikipedia. I'm under the impression that the original club pages are dead never to be resurrected but I might be wrong about that.

I also think it's useful to have good club guides that are not encyclopedia style, with local knowledge about the supporters and food and stuff that perhaps isn't fit to put on wikipedia. Perhaps a bit like travel guides. Maybe I am thinking of something like that galbijim thing, but I think the forum format is OK as well as long as they don't get too long (so far so good). A lot of it will get out of date quickly, like last year's ticket prices, but you get what you pay for.

Then it was a bit confusing whether we were writing club guides or stadium guides. I think the two can go together and it works so far. If we have to go with one then I think it would be better to list them by club name. Seongnam for example needs to have stuff about both Tancheon and Moran and there's not much point in splitting it up. You might get the odd person looking for World Cup stadiums or something but they'll just have to figure it out (it isn't too hard.) The top post is a good template I think. A map link would be a good idea for a lot of them. And a source of reliable fixture information if it exists, in English if possible, otherwise a note on teams that change their venues and kick-off times a lot. We're doing the transportation side quite well, which is probably the most important thing.

I also think it's a good idea to have a few photos of the grounds but perhaps not too many. I had a book by Simon Inglis about football stadiums in Europe and it's part club history, part architecture guide and part fan sociology. Something like that would be a good target without being too strict about it. If it's to be a club guide then links to the kits would entertain some, even if they get out of date no doubt.

The problem with the obscure clubs will come if they dissappear. If they're obscure now and then they go defunct they'll just be getting in the way. But if someone does write a club/ground report on some obscure place then it should be kept somewhere. (I still have a half-arsed plan to visit that place in Muju.) And there's probably a supporters club for certain defunct Korean clubs in all sorts of silly places, like West Auckland say.

Are people planning on writing hundreds of these club guides? If so we might need some system to sort them out, because then it will get too long to wade through to get to what you want. The most obvious thing to do would be to give each league its own subcategory. But nzfooty's index is OK at the moment if you ask me.

Someone should put something about Suwon Foreign Supporters Club and any other English speaking supporters' clubs/contacts - they used to have one in Busan, does it still exist? Clearly there are a lot of poor bastards searching the net to see if the obscure place they're getting posted to has a team and if they dropped by here on a regular basis it would be a good thing. I'd leave nzfooty's alphabetical listing as is for now as it makes it easier for people who don't yet know the difference between the K-League and the President's Cup. AFC Wimbledon have a shitload of fans. I wonder if a few of them have searched the net for info on Bucheon without being able to tell the difference between hangeul and hieroglyphs. We do get the odd person checking out the latest new recruit or an upcoming opponent don't we?

Does anyone know of some good sites that are worth trying to emulate?

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:15 pm

The club pages on the main site are still on the 'to do' list, as they have been for about the last 18 months or however long it was since I managed to delete them. The problem with them though is that I can't figure out how to make the main site editable by multiple users without changing the software it uses. I briefly considered installing a mini Wiki type thing, but that looks like a lot of hard work to set up.

I'll have a look and see if subforums can be set up within the travel guide section - then the clubs could be split into either leagues or geographical regions to tidy things up a bit.

nzfooty

Postby nzfooty » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:09 am

Okay, I made some changes to the index...

eujin

Postby eujin » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:49 pm

Just having a look at what is still missing here. I think I put pictures of Daegu World Cup and Gwangju World Cup somewhere on this site. Perhaps in one of the weekly round-ups. If someone was bored and had some time they could harvest them and put together pages for Daegu and Gwangju.

I did have a lot more photos at one point, including pictures of Daegu City Stadium and a couple of Gyeongnam sites, but there are now at least three continents where the CD-Rom of my old c-drive might be. I never managed to get to Gangneung to see Gangwon. Had it all planned, but it never happened. There are pictures of Gudeok on the Busan I'Park page.

nzfooty

Postby nzfooty » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:40 pm

You do indeed. I remember seeing the Daegu stadium where you also captured the single away fan on camera. Was he a Gwangju fan?

Sampo
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Sampo » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:30 am

I have pictures of Gangwon's stadium. I'll post them in a bit.

Sampo
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Sampo » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:45 pm

eujin

Postby eujin » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:29 am

Thanks.

nzfooty

Postby nzfooty » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:47 am

Sampo, is that Gangwon's Gangneung stadium?

Cyclops
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Cyclops » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:04 am

Yes it is.

anamerican
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby anamerican » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:08 am

Few points.

COMMENT 1
I don't think it would be impossible to get most of the University pitches on here, but I understand we work and go to school and their games are at odd times. I'm down with the difficulty of this effort, but I suggest we at least make it a realistic goal to have university pitches included in the index at some point in the future.

COMMENT 2
If I search the forum for say "Round 5", because there was some awesome game there a good bit ago, I'm going to end up with every round five match in every league in every year the forum has been around. Therefore, I find it wise to create some sort of naming convention for rounds so if some famous thread from years back wants to be dug up it can easily be so. You'll notice recently I've put the date on the K-league round threads I've started.
AnAmerican
Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

anamerican
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby anamerican » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:52 pm

I took some pics of Yong In University's soccer field today. The school and pitch are up the hill directly opposite YongIn City Hall.

The images are on my twitpic.com account here http://twitpic.com/photos/economicmayhem
http://twitpic.com/pgocp (sideways sorry)
http://twitpic.com/pgo49
http://twitpic.com/pgno5
http://twitpic.com/pgnj7
http://twitpic.com/pgndw
http://twitpic.com/pgn4b
http://twitpic.com/pgn1e (nice view in the distance.)
AnAmerican
Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:06 am

nzfooty - did you want to have a go at adding updates (such as this thread) to your index when your uni exams are finished?

HolyJoe - any chance you could sticky this thread?

Everyone - any recommendations for N-League/K3-League grounds that are football specific (or at least don't have a running track), have real grass, and have an interesting/quaint environment?

Return to “Travel & club guides”