2018 Division-6 League season

Discussion on National League, K3 League and other related competitions.
MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

2018 Division-6 League season

Postby MipoFanatic » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:44 am

It's the inaugural season of the Division-6 League (디비전6리그) in South Korea (with Division 5 to be introduced in 2019). Every province and autonomous city has its own group. There are 174 teams for this debut season.

Rothesay Saint
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Re: 2018 Division-6 League season

Postby Rothesay Saint » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:33 am

Very nice! I can definitely see myself heading across to Daejeon WC practice pitches to watch some of that on a Sunday morning.
Bring back King Cha.

eujin
K-League Classic champion
K-League Classic champion

Postby eujin » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:53 pm

Rothesay Saint wrote:Very nice! I can definitely see myself heading across to Daejeon WC practice pitches to watch some of that on a Sunday morning.

At some point, even at your age, there's a level low enough that you should be playing (or coaching) rather than watching. :albino:

Rothesay Saint
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby Rothesay Saint » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:12 pm

I've never been much of a football player outside of the school playground. Was always more into running as a sport, and happier to be up in the stands watching Korail.

The 6th division teams in Daejeon seem to be based around the different gu. They'll still be a decent enough standard for amateur teams I'd have thought.
Bring back King Cha.

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:47 am

Yeah, Division-7 (launched last year) has groups at the gu/gun level (rather than just one team representing that level in Division-6), so the D7 standard is likely closer to the on-pitch abilities of this board's users.

Either that or D12. :smt110

Rothesay Saint
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby Rothesay Saint » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:12 pm

Made it along to Daejeon's K6 league this morning, they were playing at Daejeon Citizen's training centre. It is a decent standard of football, maybe similar to the better junior teams in Scotland, though with more technique and less physicality. I guess when you have that many players come through university teams, a lot will stay in football.

There seemed a lot of similarities with K3 Basic, not least the fat goalkeeper, but, the games only lasts 70 minutes (two 35 minute halves).

I noticed when looking at the fixtures, that while it's been set up all over the country, Jeolla-nam do doesn't seem too taken with the idea. There is one team in the league, so congratulations to them on their title win.
Bring back King Cha.

Return to “Lower league football”