2016 N-league season

Discussion on National League, K3 League and other related competitions.
changwonmatty
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller

2016 N-league season

Postby changwonmatty » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:06 pm

This one seems to have fallen by the wayside on this forum and it could fail to exist in a couple of years with possible reforms on the horizon but I can see myself getting to quite a few games this season.

Round 1 - all games March 19th at 3pm
*Ulsan vs. Gimhae - last years champs versus last years chumps. Should be an easy home win.

*Yongin vs. Gyeongju - Gyeongju had a very fast start last season and will be looking for the same at Yongin in the quest to go one better as the beaten finalists last season. Yongin meanwhile will be hoping for a win so they can break their mediocre tag.

*Daejeon vs. Cheonan - both had disappointing campaigns last season so both will be hoping for a win first up to erase those memories.

*Mokpo vs. Busan - Mokpo surprised making the playoffs for the first time in club history while Busan has its worst. A good early litmus test for both to see where their aspirations lie.

*Changwon vs. Gangneung - Changwon's title challenge faded but with the same strong team coming together it should be another good season. As for Gangneung, a move to Jeongseon last season killed their mojo as they missed the playoffs. On last season's form a home win.
Kleague Classic (9) - 서울WC, 수원WC, 인천숭의, 성남탄천, 전주WC, 포항스틸야드, 울산문수, 광주WC,상주종합
Kleague Challenge (9) - 창원축구센터, 창원종합, 마산종합, 진주종합, 양산종합, 대구종합, 함안종합, 부산아시아드, 대전WC
National League (3) - 창원축구센터, 부산구덕, 울산장합

changwonmatty
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller

Re: 2016 N-league season

Postby changwonmatty » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:11 pm

N-league's catchphrase for the 2016 season is
"열정을 넘어 꿈을 향한 도약! 2016 내셔널리그" meaning "Leap beyond your passion of dreams! National League 2016.
Kleague Challenge (9) - 창원축구센터, 창원종합, 마산종합, 진주종합, 양산종합, 대구종합, 함안종합, 부산아시아드, 대전WC

changwonmatty
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller

Postby changwonmatty » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:16 pm

Recent friendly results involving National league teams
Yongin 2 - Sangju 2
Suwon 4 - Yongin 1
Gyeongnam 3 - Changwon 0

Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion

Postby Holyjoe » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:01 pm

Was browsing the Ulsan Mipo website (as you do) and noticed they've registered a Croatian striker in their squad. Could take a bit of searching to find out full details on him but his registered Korean name is 로코, he's 23 years old and has previously played for NK Kamen Ivanbegovina and HNK Mosor, both of the Croatian 3rd division.

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:04 pm

Roko Puljiz is the chap, he's got a YouTube video here:

Judging by the picture outside of a 7 Eleven he also appears to have a profile on a website called Hot or Not :shock:

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:55 am

If a "highlights video" comprised largely of a player running around can get you a contract at the largest N-League side, Allah help that league...

OttoSilver
National League champion
National League champion

Postby OttoSilver » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:08 am

changwonmatty wrote:This one seems to have fallen by the wayside on this forum and it could fail to exist in a couple of years with possible reforms on the horizon but I can see myself getting to quite a few games this season.

It feels like a bit of a nowhere league to me. They're not bad enough to be the lowest league in the country and we all know how much fun it is to watch the worst semi-pros have a go at each other at some impossible to reach giant stadium somewhere. They are also not in the Challenge with the uber excitement of a promotion run.

All in all, when it comes to choosing offered a national match versus some other match I have to say "Meh"

(Also, there is no national team close to me :P )
There are two routes to success in football. One is being good. The other is being lucky. You need both to win a championship. But you need only one to win a match.

Korean Stadiums: http://tinyurl.com/KoreanStadiums

SpainGuy
Korean football wannabe
Korean football wannabe

Postby SpainGuy » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:34 am

Holyjoe wrote:Roko Puljiz is the chap, he's got a YouTube video here:

Judging by the picture outside of a 7 Eleven he also appears to have a profile on a website called Hot or Not :shock:

And I wonder, why this guy can play on the N-League and I have to beg for K3 one. :bounce: :bounce:

Sampo
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Sampo » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:14 pm

SpainGuy wrote:
Holyjoe wrote:Roko Puljiz is the chap, he's got a YouTube video here:

And I wonder, why this guy can play on the N-League and I have to beg for K3 one. :bounce: :bounce:

You obviously need a highlights reel of you showing hustle on the pitch! and a bad haircut, I think that's important in getting signed. Showing actual achievement or skill seems less important.

SpainGuy
Korean football wannabe
Korean football wannabe

Postby SpainGuy » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:20 pm

I think so. Anyway I'm on my way to get that hairstyle and I wonder.. how can I register in "Hot or Not", it must helps too.

changwonmatty
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller

Postby changwonmatty » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:11 am

I decided to go....even talked the wife into it.

changwonmatty
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller

Postby changwonmatty » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:53 pm

Went to the home opener Changwon city game (my first Korean game for almost 2 and a half years) with probably the biggest crowd I have seen for an Nleague game in Changwon (estimated at about 1000), even managed to convince the wife to keep me company. We were all blessed with a 0-0 draw.

First half and the first 30 minutes were all Gangneung as Changwon sat back using a counter attacking tactic with wave after wave of attack. However Gangneung couldnt shoot on target, with the only shot of quality hitting the crossbar. The remaining 15 minutes it died down a bit with only one shot of note, with Changwon launching a long range shot that hit the post.

Second half was rather different with Changwon continually launching counterattacks. They were certainly much faster on the ball than Gangneung and the intensity increased as the game become more and more spiteful as the two teams became more and more frustrated. Some bad tackles flying in.....with one going against the run of play with the Changwon captain (who was subbed immediately after as he was losing his head) launching a badly timed tackle in the box but the Gangneung striker fluffed his penalty with the keeper saving it.

The last 10 minutes were all Changwon with wave after wave of attack. However, one thing I see that hasnt changed since I was last in Korea was that the finishing was woeful. One half-decent striker and Changwon would have scored a couple. They had a fantastic chance in the 92nd minute with a shot alone in the box but it was hit straight at the keeper....it finished 0-0.

Changwon have the pace to trouble most teams but it seems up front they will struggle. I noticed that their striker who was always near the top of the scoring tables of the last few seasons Kwak Chul-ho has gone to Daejeon Korail. They badly missed him yesterday. He has been replaced him with ex-Mipo striker Lee Dong-Hee but on yesterday's performance he lacks the same finishing skill. Midfield is still excellent although the best midfider from recent years Kim Je-Hwan has gone to Gimhae. Some key players have been lost from last year.

As for Gangneung, they play a possession game but it was very dull. It seems a mid-table finish will occur for them on this performance as after the first 30 minutes, except for the penalty they did nothing
Last edited by changwonmatty on Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

changwonmatty
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller

Postby changwonmatty » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:57 pm

Nleague First Round results there were some shocks:
Daejeon 0 Cheonan 1
Changwon 0 Gangneung 0
Mokpo 2 Busan 1
Mipo 0 Gimhae 1 - massive shock...champions being beaten at home by the last place team
Yongin 2 Gyeongju 3

changwonmatty
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller

Postby changwonmatty » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:16 am

Today's Round 2 games (all 3pm)
Daejeon vs. Gimhae - can Gimhae make it 2 wins in a row on the road?
Gyeongju vs. Ulsan - replay of last years final. Ulsan with a shock home loss last weekend.
Busan vs. Yongin - both teams lost last weekend
Gangneung vs. Cheonan - Gangneung finally back in Gangneung and not some place in the middle of Gangwon
Mokpo vs. Changwon - Mokpo looking to make it 2 from 2.

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:42 am

They really have made this league as uninteresting as possible now.. used to be such great fun back in the day. Tick tock..

Anyway results from today, reassuring to see that Gangneung remain the team to watch for goals galore at each end.. two games played and that's none scored none conceded.

Korail 2-1 Gimhae
KHNP 1-2 Ulsan Mipo
Busan TC 1-0 Yongin
Gangneung 0-0 Cheonan
Mokpo 0-0 Changwon

Return to “Lower league football”