2015 WK-League

Discussion on National League, K3 League and other related competitions.
SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Re: 2015 WK-League

Postby SteveW » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:43 pm

Park Eun-son mystery solved. She's signed for Icheon and is back in the WKLeague.
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Groundhopping: the48club.wordpress.com

SEFC: seoulelandfc.wordpress.com

48 Club Count = 47. ONE TO GO!

OttoSilver
National League champion
National League champion

Postby OttoSilver » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:15 pm

Pretty cool looking free kick. I coded in the position in the video, so no need to search :smt006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kbk3BL15XDQ&t=130
There are two routes to success in football. One is being good. The other is being lucky. You need both to win a championship. But you need only one to win a match.

Korean Stadiums: http://tinyurl.com/KoreanStadiums

Sampo
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Sampo » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:54 am

Made the drive north to Hwacheon yesterday and saw them host Suwon, and it was a lot better in every regard than I was expecting.There were about 500 people in attendance, most packed into the small covered stand that really helped the atmosphere. Hwacheon only has three stands with seats, most of the ground having grass banks serving as terraces. The level of play wasn't bad at all, and the two teams were rather well matched. Pretty high tempo throughout, and some nice passing by both teams in the midfield. I wasn't bored or distracted throughout the whole match, which is a lot more than I could say about a lot of other games. :P I'll probably make the trip again.

The swanky Suwon bus

The plainer, but still nice, Hwacheon bus.

A shot of the main stands.

At half time a Suwon player got flowers for going to the World Cup.

OttoSilver
National League champion
National League champion

Postby OttoSilver » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:30 pm

I was at the Suwon vs Icheon game last night.

I arrived 5 minutes late, just in time to see Suwon hit one from the edge of the box into the far top corner. About 5 minutes later and a corner went in. No time to relax as Icheon countered, swung the ball over across the box where a player who was storming along headed it neatly past the keeper.

Things started settling down but slowly Icheon was gaining the upper hand. This was not helped by a string of really had decisions by the ref. Icheon equalized when a through ball was picked up by a player who was standing about 2 steams offside. Even she was a bit surprised at first, but did as all players should and played on until the whistle came. The whistle only came to signal a goal. The lineswomen was standing right here, perfectly in line, on the close side of the action. How the she didn't see that is amazing.

It took a few minutes for the Suwon players and coach to settle down, but you could understand their protests. It was a terrible decision. Over the next 5 minute the ref let three very clear, even from the stand, dirty plays go. The protests from the coach got so bad that the ref had to stop the game and come over to talk to him. It took about 5 minutes, at which point I saw the 4th referee write something in her book after which the coach walked to the dressing room with the ref pointing the way. It was not the last warning to go the way of the Suwon bench though.

Despite the poor refereeing Icheon was clearly the better team. The Suwon defense was ripped apart by through passes, quick turns and crosses taht they seemed unable to pick up. The Suwon keeper had to defend 1-on-1 on four occasions. The last two was her standing up, reflexively blocking it, getting up in a flash and managing to block it again.

After that she was down for the count, possibly from hitting the post. Icheon had about 20-30 supporters there (interesting for WK-League) and THEY were chanting the injured keeper's name. The 3 idiots with one chant and 2 drums on the Suwon side was not happy with that one bit. Reir response was the usual incompetent noise.

The game ended 2-4 for Icheon, with more entertainment than even FC Seoul's last performance.

Unfortunately the game was not recorded and there are no replays online.
There are two routes to success in football. One is being good. The other is being lucky. You need both to win a championship. But you need only one to win a match.

daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

Postby daeguowl » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:58 pm

The big crowds are presumably people tracking stuff for chinese betting websites.
http://m.footballjournal.co.kr/news/art ... idxno=3008

OttoSilver
National League champion
National League champion

Postby OttoSilver » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:21 pm

There are only two games left for each team, so the top three to enter the playoffs for the title have been decided. Incheon are well ahead, but only two points separate number two, Icheon and number 3, Suwon.

Suwon play at home on Thursday and if the table stays the way it is not what will be my last chance to watch a women's game this year. To bad Anyang Halla are playing the Freebladed that evening. I'd much rather go see if we can skin some Japanese for keeping Anyang from the title last season, and sommer because Japan beat the Springboks. :smt109

Return to “Lower league football”