Lower League Supporters

Discussion on National League, K3 League and other related competitions.
SeoulUtd
Sojued-up touchline ajosshi

Lower League Supporters

Postby SeoulUtd » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:12 am

Accepting a concept of supporters in Korea happened 1990s. But after 20 years, many people join in supporters and almost clubs have their great fan, supporters. However, in N-League and K3 League, still supporters are rare and little. Let's collect our strong and hopeful supporters' photo.

SeoulUtd

Re: Lower League Supporters

Postby SeoulUtd » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:14 am

Seoul United Supporters (K3)
SEUOOBULPAE SUBP
Attachments
20140524_2_58.jpg
20140823_29.jpg

SeoulUtd

Postby SeoulUtd » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:23 am

FC Martyrs Supporter(s)?
Sing for Martyrs (He said that is the name)
Unfortunately, he is not Martyrsforever. I hope he will come to our home next weekend.

And Ultras Magpie, Goyang (K3)
It was really ultras as the point of swear lol.
Attachments
20140510_2_37.jpg
Martyrs
20140823_8.jpg
Goyang

paquebot
National League champion
National League champion

Postby paquebot » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:51 am

Hermes, when Bucheon were still playing in the K3:

Chuncheon FC

Cheonan City FC, playing in Uijeongbu against Kookmin Bank FC

In Yangju, if your cabbage doesn't understand you and you have valid reason for not eating it, then it is ok to go to other vegetables for your kimchi - though strictly nothing from south of Namyangju. -- Martyrs Forever

paquebot
National League champion
National League champion

Postby paquebot » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:25 am

Pocheon FC fans

Away:

Home (FA Cup):

Seoul United

Yangju Citizen

In Yangju, if your cabbage doesn't understand you and you have valid reason for not eating it, then it is ok to go to other vegetables for your kimchi - though strictly nothing from south of Namyangju. -- Martyrs Forever

OttoSilver
National League champion
National League champion

Postby OttoSilver » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:27 pm

This season I'm going all out FC Seoul, but next year I want to be a bit more selective about the games there and try to get to more lower league games. I'm thinking I'd like to see more United games. I'm also thinking I would fit in better if I had a shirt *COUGH!*

I also have photos from a Martyrs match that never uploaded. There is a photo of the Singing Man in there. And on Saturday I took a few shots of the Goyang Noisemakers. Unfortunately my Mac is giving me problems and I am unable to get to the photos reliably.

I think the biggest problem is that most people know nothing about the lower leagues. They never see it on TV and information about it is difficult to find. I lived in Icheon for about three years while the team was there and never even new they existed. Never saw a single advert for a game. I'm not even sure the Korean residents there really know they have a team, so why would people turn up? (On a better note, when I finally managed to get to a game in Icheon I noticed that highs chool students seemed to know about the game. I know they were in high school because they were my former students, ignoring me. BASTARDS!)
There are two routes to success in football. One is being good. The other is being lucky. You need both to win a championship. But you need only one to win a match.

Korean Stadiums: http://tinyurl.com/KoreanStadiums

SeoulUtd

Postby SeoulUtd » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:12 pm

OttoSilver wrote:Image

This season I'm going all out FC Seoul, but next year I want to be a bit more selective about the games there and try to get to more lower league games. I'm thinking I'd like to see more United games. I'm also thinking I would fit in better if I had a shirt *COUGH!*

I also have photos from a Martyrs match that never uploaded. There is a photo of the Singing Man in there. And on Saturday I took a few shots of the Goyang Noisemakers. Unfortunately my Mac is giving me problems and I am unable to get to the photos reliably.

I think the biggest problem is that most people know nothing about the lower leagues. They never see it on TV and information about it is difficult to find. I lived in Icheon for about three years while the team was there and never even new they existed. Never saw a single advert for a game. I'm not even sure the Korean residents there really know they have a team, so why would people turn up? (On a better note, when I finally managed to get to a game in Icheon I noticed that highs chool students seemed to know about the game. I know they were in high school because they were my former students, ignoring me. BASTARDS!)

In fact, no one knows about this small and quiet league. If you ask anyone on the street on Seoul about K3, he will answer what the hell league is that? Is a league like K-1 Fighting Leagur? HaHa
More seriously, KFATV will brodcast 2015 K3 matches more less than this season. Now we can only watch United match on SUTV.

Sampo
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Sampo » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:19 pm

The first (only?) time I met HolyJoe was back in 2008 when I saw Seoul United and Bucheon play in the Olympic main stadium, one of the first questions he asked was "How did you find out about this? because you don't just walk into a K3 match"

OttoSilver
National League champion
National League champion

Postby OttoSilver » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:51 pm

That needs to be a slogan:

"You don't just walk into a K3 match."
There are two routes to success in football. One is being good. The other is being lucky. You need both to win a championship. But you need only one to win a match.

Korean Stadiums: http://tinyurl.com/KoreanStadiums

Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion

Postby Holyjoe » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:27 pm

Great thread, it inspired me to go through my camera archives for some photos. Some great games and memories at National League and K3 matches in the past...

First up, some Seoul United ones:
Attachments
P1030374.JPG
United fans celebrating winning the 2007 K3 championship at the playoff final second leg against Hwaseong Sinwoo Electronics, 24/11/07
P1010741.JPG
United fans away to Eunpyeong-gu Sungshim Hospital, 09/06/07
P1000793.JPG
Seoul United's first ever match at Jamsil, 21/04/07 v Changwon Dudae (finished 2-2)
P1000786.JPG
Seoul United's first ever match at Jamsil, 21/04/07 v Changwon Dudae (finished 2-2)

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:31 pm

Bucheon FC 1995, when they were a K3 club:
Attachments
P1100482.JPG
Small traveling Bucheon contingent at Gyeongju, 01/10/11
P1040889.JPG
Bucheon fans at Jamsil, 28/06/08 (finished Seoul United 1-1 Bucheon)
P1040020.JPG
Away day for Bucheon at Goyang FC, 22/03/08
P1030916.JPG
Bucheon fans at their first ever match at the Leports stadium, 22/03/08 v Gyeongju (Bucheon won 2-0)

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:35 pm

Some Incheon Korail, naturally...
Attachments
P1040058.JPG
Cheonan City fans at Korail's first ever game in the main Munhak stadium, 05/04/08. No point taking any pictures of the Korail fans as I was the only one there for that one.
P1110170.JPG
More rent-a-fans, this time Korail staff forced to attend for the glitz and glamour of the National Sports Festival final in 2011
P1010031.JPG
Rent-a-fans, Kookmin Bank employees bussed in to support Goyang KB against Korail at the Sungeui stadium, 02/09/06
P1010011.JPG
Welcome to Hell, this sums up lower league Korean football perfectly

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:40 pm

A few other notables...
Attachments
P1010440.JPG
Uijeongbu Hummel fans displaying an ill-advised Swastika, 25/04/04 against Suwon City
P1010149.JPG
Cheonan FC supporters at the glorious (and sadly no more) Oryong Stadium, 28/04/07
P1000492.JPG
On pitch protest against Goyang KB's decision not to accept promotion. I forget this chap's name, he's a journalist and was pretty much the driving force behind the formation of the current K3 Goyang side
P1000482.JPG
Pissed off former Goyang KB supporters protesting the club's decision not to accept promotion to K1. Taken 07/04/07 at the Suwon civic stadium

Sampo
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Sampo » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:16 pm

Those must have been heady days in 2007 and 8. Full of energy and optimism for the leagues forming into a nice little pyramid...

Goyang supporters were mad about not promoting.

SeoulUtd

Postby SeoulUtd » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:26 pm

Some Goyang KB fans were stay and
others went to Goyang citizen FC.
However, KB is gone and two guys left for Goyang as Ultras Magpies. By the way, a jounarlist related with Goyang.. I think he might be Kim Hyun-Hwae. Is it right?

Return to “Lower league football”