The "48"

Discussion on National League, K3 League and other related competitions.
eujin
K-League K-Pop stalker
K-League K-Pop stalker

Re: The "48"

Postby eujin » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:46 am

Holyjoe wrote:Used to live near where the Giheung transfer station is now, the whole area was an ongoing construction site when I was there but it's been developed massively in the last ten years or so almost beyond recognition. That goes for much of the country I guess.

The Noddy Line to Everland is an absolutely brilliant place to go if you want to get away from the crowds as there's no-one using it. The perfect way to travel to a National League match. A shame they don't play in the city stadium in Yongin as there's a stop right next to it.

eujin
K-League K-Pop stalker
K-League K-Pop stalker

Postby eujin » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:45 am

Holyjoe wrote:Used to live near where the Giheung transfer station is now, the whole area was an ongoing construction site when I was there but it's been developed massively in the last ten years or so almost beyond recognition. That goes for much of the country I guess.

Local side Singal High School are playing Incheon's Bupyeong in the 48th High School President's Cup final today down in Yeonggwang. Singal are wearing Yongin FC shirts.

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:47 pm

Yongin is a Mars to get to. Two buses and three trains and still had to taxi the last stretch. Buses run to the centre but they're like rocking horse poop. Every 90 minutes or something. I gave myself 4 hours from Suwon and needed it. I'm here though and that's what counts.
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Groundhopping: the48club.wordpress.com

SEFC: seoulelandfc.wordpress.com

48 Club Count = 47. ONE TO GO!

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:47 pm

That was supposed to say mare but Mars is probably appropriate too
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:03 pm

Has anyone been to Jeongseon yet? I don't think it's doable in a day since the last bus out seems to be about 6pm.

Rothesay Saint
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby Rothesay Saint » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:10 pm

I've not been yet, is there not a later bus to Gangneung though?
Bring back King Cha.

changwonmatty
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller

Postby changwonmatty » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:36 pm

SteveW wrote:Has anyone been to Jeongseon yet? I don't think it's doable in a day since the last bus out seems to be about 6pm.

I have been there but not to watch soccer but to go to some Arirang folk village (apparently Arirang was written there) and to do the railbike. Couldnt be more than a few thousand people and maybe two or three apartments in the town, its a tiny place....not the easiest place to get in and out of either.

Edit: Bus terminal timetable here a bit down the page at the 시외 part : http://m.blog.naver.com/engyouel/220213242756
Looks like a Friday night game you woukd have to sleep in a dodgy motel there but a Saturday arvo game woukd be doable...bus to East Seoul at 6:20.

Brings back many memories of random bus trips through countryside Korea...loved taking the buses.
Last edited by changwonmatty on Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kleague Classic (9) - 서울WC, 수원WC, 인천숭의, 성남탄천, 전주WC, 포항스틸야드, 울산문수, 광주WC,상주종합
Kleague Challenge (9) - 창원축구센터, 창원종합, 마산종합, 진주종합, 양산종합, 대구종합, 함안종합, 부산아시아드, 대전WC
National League (3) - 창원축구센터, 부산구덕, 울산장합

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:40 pm

Gangeung bus seems to be ten past seven which isn't much better.

There's rumours of trains but I've only found the once a day Arirang tourist train so far.

Almost tempted to hire a car but probably not the best journey to pop my K-roads cherry.

changwonmatty
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller

Postby changwonmatty » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:48 pm

Easy drive out there...roads are pretty quiet and decent condition once you get off the expressway.
Kleague Classic (9) - 서울WC, 수원WC, 인천숭의, 성남탄천, 전주WC, 포항스틸야드, 울산문수, 광주WC,상주종합
Kleague Challenge (9) - 창원축구센터, 창원종합, 마산종합, 진주종합, 양산종합, 대구종합, 함안종합, 부산아시아드, 대전WC
National League (3) - 창원축구센터, 부산구덕, 울산장합

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:20 am

In positive news there's a late bus (10pm being late) from Sangju to Dong-Seoul on Wednesday night and I've booked myself a seat. Now I just need to work out how to get from Dong Seoul to Gupabal at 1am.

Sampo
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Sampo » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:23 am

SteveW wrote:Gangeung bus seems to be ten past seven which isn't much better.

There's rumours of trains but I've only found the once a day Arirang tourist train so far.

Almost tempted to hire a car but probably not the best journey to pop my K-roads cherry.

You can take a train to Mindeungsan station and then taxi into the county seat.

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:43 pm

Good idea, but according to the Korail website that helps with getting there, but not getting back. The last train out of Mindungsan is before 7pm. Which seems odd considering the Seoul trains seem to leave until late. Wonder where they go? They don't come back?

eujin
K-League K-Pop stalker
K-League K-Pop stalker

Postby eujin » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:08 pm

SteveW wrote:Good idea, but according to the Korail website that helps with getting there, but not getting back. The last train out of Mindungsan is before 7pm. Which seems odd considering the Seoul trains seem to leave until late. Wonder where they go? They don't come back?

They go back early in the morning. Why don't you get the train back to Seoul at 2am, if 7pm is too early?

Have you tried buses from Gohan-Sabuk (고한·사북공용버스터미널)? Looks like there might be a fair choice until midnight.

http://www.thesouthkoreatravelguide.com/gangwon-do/busschedules/gohan-sabuk_bus-terminal-timetables.html

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:02 pm

Didn't notice that 2am one.

That might have to be the answer. Not exactly sure what there is to do until 2am mind you. I think this one might not be done this weekend after all. It's in the schedule for the 19th Sept at the minute. Last game of the 48 if things go to plan.

paquebot
National League champion
National League champion

Postby paquebot » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:21 pm

SteveW wrote:Last game of the 48 if things go to plan.

SteveW wrote:Not exactly sure what there is to do until 2am mind you.

Celebrate, obviously. Stock up on drinks and enjoy yourself at the station until the train rolls in.
In Yangju, if your cabbage doesn't understand you and you have valid reason for not eating it, then it is ok to go to other vegetables for your kimchi - though strictly nothing from south of Namyangju. -- Martyrs Forever

Return to “Lower league football”