The "48"

Discussion on National League, K3 League and other related competitions.
eujin
K-League Classic champion

Re: The "48"

Postby eujin » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:05 am

SteveW wrote:So going to Gohan by taxi costs as !much if not more than a motel in Jeongseon. Km esson learned for next time. I blame eujin.

No cheerleaders to give you a lift then? 25,000 won it reckons on Naver. How much did they fleece you for?

Anyway, the 48 is done, so congratulations. :smt041

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:24 am

38k the taxi cost. Not that I was in the mood for complaining cos it took me nearly an hour to find one.

I dread to think how much today cost me to see a bloody N-League game - must have been 100k easy - but at least it was a decent game and a nice place to visit. I'm in a forgiving mood since it was the last of the 48 and cos they played K-Pop girlie videos on the big screen for me pre-match.
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Groundhopping: the48club.wordpress.com

SEFC: seoulelandfc.wordpress.com

48 Club Count = 47. ONE TO GO!

changwonmatty
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller

Postby changwonmatty » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:41 pm

Brilliant effort..... might get there one day but those K3 teams will be tough.
Kleague Classic (9) - 서울WC, 수원WC, 인천숭의, 성남탄천, 전주WC, 포항스틸야드, 울산문수, 광주WC,상주종합
Kleague Challenge (9) - 창원축구센터, 창원종합, 마산종합, 진주종합, 양산종합, 대구종합, 함안종합, 부산아시아드, 대전WC
National League (3) - 창원축구센터, 부산구덕, 울산장합

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:16 pm

K3 games were some of the most entertaining.

I think if I was to spend another season in Korea at some point in the future the plan would be to follow a K3 side home and away for the whole thing. Assuming there is still a K3 by then.
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Piggy
Sojued-up touchline ajosshi
Sojued-up touchline ajosshi

Postby Piggy » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:54 am

Congratulations Steve. Fastest ever I reckon. I'd thought my three year duration was pretty quick.

OttoSilver
National League champion
National League champion

Postby OttoSilver » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:58 pm

SteveW wrote:K3 games were some of the most entertaining.

I think if I was to spend another season in Korea at some point in the future the plan would be to follow a K3 side home and away for the whole thing. Assuming there is still a K3 by then.

I'm thinking about doing that next year. Get the FC Seoul season ticket because it doesn't take many games to make up the price, and go to a load of games of one team, especially to games at stadiums I've never been to. I cant be any more disappointing than watching FC Seoul for a whole year, plus I get to join the 24 Club.
There are two routes to success in football. One is being good. The other is being lucky. You need both to win a championship. But you need only one to win a match.

Korean Stadiums: http://tinyurl.com/KoreanStadiums

Rothesay Saint
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby Rothesay Saint » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:44 pm

Season's almost over and I was having a look on the spreadsheet to see where I had been this year and it's mostly been Gangwon. I reckon I've been to half a dozen new grounds around the province this year between Gangneung (World Park and Jeongseong), Chuncheon (that wee park near the river), Gangwon (Sokcho) and Pyeongchang (Pyeongchang and Jinbu). That doesn't include the bonus of seeing Sangji play three times at home in their cup run. Other highlights were trips to Naju to be the only non VIP fan at the Universiade, seeing the beginnings of a beautiful love affair at E-land between a Seoul fan and a Sangju player, having to turn down the chance of being Chuncheon FC's biggest fan in Jeonju after I accidentally saw them two weeks in a row, and my first ever sober cup final. Didn't see a single K-league classic match this season, but I doubt I missed out on much.
Bring back King Cha.

paquebot
National League champion
National League champion

Postby paquebot » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:18 pm

Didn't make it any further than south Gyeonggi-do this season:

Seoul --
Madeul Stadium (x3)
Jungnang Public Ground

Gyeonggi-do --
Hwaseong -- Hwaseong Stadium Practice Pitch (x2)
Pocheon Stadium
Goyang's Eoulimnuri Byeolmuri Stadium (New ground for me)
Uijeongbu Jikdong Pitch (New ground for me)
Yangju Godeok Stadium (x12)
In Yangju, if your cabbage doesn't understand you and you have valid reason for not eating it, then it is ok to go to other vegetables for your kimchi - though strictly nothing from south of Namyangju. -- Martyrs Forever

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:51 pm

Got another bit of swag through the post today as I received an official matchworn Berry 29 long-sleeve Anyang jersey from the man himself. What a top bloke he is. That'll go nicely with the JCM shirt off the big number 9s wee brother and the space where E-Land gave me nothing!

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:37 am

SteveW wrote:Got another bit of swag through the post today as I received an official matchworn Berry 29 long-sleeve Anyang jersey from the man himself. What a top bloke he is. That'll go nicely with the JCM shirt off the big number 9s wee brother and the space where E-Land gave me nothing!

Funnily enough was reading an interview article with him about his time in Korea. Doesn't really fit in with the kimchi loving thread as he doesn't touch on how well he handles chopsticks or whether he enjoyed a good bit of galbi at 5am but it's an interesting read nonetheless.

This is the link to the article on the Yanks Abroad website.

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:31 am

Groundhoppers in Korea look like Cyclops, RothesaySaint and SteveW... in Japan they look like this lovely young lady. Miki Sato, who is apparently employed as the J.League "Female Manager" joined the 53 Club after attending the Machida Zelvia v Tokyo Verdy J2 match at the weekend and has been round all J1, J2 and J3 clubs this season. More football related pics of her on ye olde interweb, some others not involving football kits as well which are probably best avoided if you're at work..
Attachments
I0DeidF.jpg

eujin

Postby eujin » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:26 am

Holyjoe wrote:Groundhoppers in Korea look like Cyclops, RothesaySaint and SteveW... in Japan they look like this lovely young lady. Miki Sato, who is apparently employed as the J.League "Female Manager" joined the 53 Club after attending the Machida Zelvia v Tokyo Verdy J2 match at the weekend and has been round all J1, J2 and J3 clubs this season. More football related pics of her on ye olde interweb, some others not involving football kits as well which are probably best avoided if you're at work..

Before I spend too long wondering why the J-League would employ a Female Manager whose football related pics on the interweb should be avoided at places of work, that's not the same Miki Sato, is it?

Our very own Iain Pearce completed the English 92 just a few days ago. There are NSFW pictures of him on ye olde interweb if you look hard enough....
Last edited by eujin on Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:27 am

She's certainly no SteveW...

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:11 am

I renewed my membership of the Scottish 42 at the weekend by visiting Meadowbank Stadium to tick off Edinburgh City. The half-arsed promotion & relegation playoff they've implemented between League 2 and the Highland & Lowland leagues has finally opened up an avenue for non league sides to gain league membership and it should keep things going most seasons. Ideally they'll implement straight promotion & relegation in the future but what they've got in place right now is a start at least...

Not quite as impressive as mustoe's English 92, only been to a handful of English grounds so I'm hoping to add to that number in the near future.. it's a long, depressing drive down the M74 through shitloads of roadworks to reach England right now so might hold off on that plan for a bit. Plenty more non league senior and then junior grade grounds to visit in Scotland yet.

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:58 pm

Just be glad you don't live in Canada. Most non-league clubs here play in public parks that lack stands and clubhouses. Not many fans, either. The match won't have even hit full-time and the next lot are already encroaching on the pitch during their warmups.

If I was still living in England I'd probably do another "92" - all level-8 (step-4) clubs in the Isthmian and Southern Leagues. Mind you, trains and taxis in the UK cost a small fortune...

Return to “Lower league football”